[Resolved] Move the author and date of the post under the first GenerateBlocks’ Headline

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Move the author and date of the post under the first GenerateBlocks’ Headline

Home Forums Support Move the author and date of the post under the first GenerateBlocks’ Headline

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Marcel

Hello.
    I would like to use a headline instead of the original post title. But when disabling the content title in Generatepress, the author and the date of the post will be on the top of the post (above the headline I created). How to move them under the headline?
    I suppose I should:
    1. create an HTML code for that, and to make it as a reusable block.
    2. remove/ hide the original author and date of the post (personally I would prefer to write a PHP code instead of a CSS one)
    May I have your point of view? Thank you!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

we would need to create a Shortcode to output the Post meta – which you would then need to manually add below the Headline block….

Would it not be simpler to style the posts Title ? Happy to help with that …. let me know

Marcel

Hello David, you are absolutely right. It is simpler to style the title of the post. What I would like to know is how to make the title to have:
    – a specific width (let’s say 700 px) when the article container is set to 1320;
    – to be centred;
    – the post meta to be aligned to left under the title
    Example here

Thank you!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you provide a link to your site?
    You can edit your original topic and use the Site URL field to share the link privately

Marcel

I shared the site URL

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Try this CSS:

.entry-header {
        max-width: 700px;
        margin-left: auto;
        margin-right: auto;
    }

This will restrict the container to a maximum of 700px and center it in the page.

Marcel

Perfect. Thank you.

Should I start a new post to ask how to set up the post meta in this specific order:
    Avatar Image|Author Name|Post Date
    instead of how it is setup now:
    Post Date “by”|Avatar Image|Author Name?

Regards,
    Marcel

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yes please 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.