[Support request] Move Search Results Title to Header

Home Forums Support [Support request] Move Search Results Title to Header

Home Forums Support Move Search Results Title to Header

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Alex

I would like to display the page title for the search results page in the header. I was considering David’s Solution but I have a couple of questions. Where should I add the PHP snipet? I am not using a child theme so I am trying to avoid the functions.php file for theme update stability. Is this Code Snippets territory? I already unsuccessfully attempted adding it in an Elements Hook. Thanks.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Yes, without a child theme you’d want to use the Code Snippets plugin.

Let me know if you run into any issues 🙂

Alex

Tom,

The Code Snippets plugin solution worked well. Thanks.

For future reference, if I decide to implement the GP child theme my understanding of the process is as follows:
    1.Download, install, and activate the child theme.
    2.Copy Additional CSS to child theme’s blank styles.css.
    3.Move the aforementioned search results PHP snippet to the child theme’s blank functions.php.

Is my understanding correct?
    I’ve already tailored the Volume template site to my needs. Are there any steps I should take to avoid losing changes?
    How do you recommend editing the child theme’s style.css and functions.php files? WordPress Theme Editor? In my host’s file manager?
    Thanks again.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s exactly right.

I would personally download those files when needed and edit them in a program like Atom. Then you can save them and re-upload them.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.