[Resolved] Move price on product category

Home Forums Support Move price on product category

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jamal

Hi

I will repost my question here in the hope someone can help me figure this out.

How can i move the product price on category page to right after the title and before product description? Right now i have it like below

woocommerce-loop-product__title
    woocommerce-product-details__short-description
    price

Thanks

Agressively support the kind of work you want to see. Buy it. Talk about it. Review it.

GeneratePress 1.3.48
    GP Premium 1.3.1
    Jamal

Just to clarify more i will be most happy if i can make it look like on the single product

View post on imgur.com

Agressively support the kind of work you want to see. Buy it. Talk about it. Review it.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Jamal – maybe this might help. What i wanted was a trimmed short description, so i hid the default short description and hooked in my trimmed description below the price. You could do the same thing.

/* Adding excerpt to shop page */
    add_action( 'woocommerce_after_shop_loop_item', 'diggs_custom_shop_item', 5);
    function diggs_custom_shop_item() {
    	global $post;
    		/* product excerpt  */
    	if ( $post->post_excerpt ) {
    		echo '<div class="diggs-shop-excerpt">' . apply_filters( 'woocommerce_short_description', wp_trim_words($post->post_excerpt,6,' ') ) . '</div>';
    	}
    }

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Jamal,

Try this:

add_action( 'after_setup_theme', 'tu_move_wc_price' );
    function tu_move_wc_price() {
        remove_action( 'woocommerce_after_shop_loop_item_title', 'woocommerce_template_loop_price', 10 );
        add_action( 'woocommerce_after_shop_loop_item_title', 'woocommerce_template_loop_price', 1 );
    }
    Jamal

Thanks David and Tom. I used Tom’s snippet and it works great. Wonderful stuff !

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem Jamal and thanks Tom – this and the other link Jamal provided regarding hooks has been extremely handy. In the meantime i have just finished crafting 3 shortcodes that allow me to position excerpt, description and price anywhere on the page. They work great in Tom’s new headers – i have full screen featured images in the header with title, price etc……
    Tom i expect to see these turn up in the header template tags…..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.