[Resolved] Move Post Tags

Home Forums Support Move Post Tags

• This topic has 9 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 4 months ago by David.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Alan

How can I move the post tags from the area below the author box to the area below the social icons on the attached web page. I believe that this area is the generate_after_content hook. Please let me know. I am not a developer, so hopefully this can be done with a code snippet.

Thanks,

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

How are the social icons/author box being added? Are you using a plugin that is automatically adding them to the page?

Most plugins that do that take your content and append the feature to the end of the content, so it will always show before one of our hooks which happen after the content.

If possible, you want to be able to manually place the author box using a hook, so you can tell it to display after the post tags.

Alan

Tom, the social icons are being added via a shortcode that includes the text “Don’t Forget to Share This Post!” and the author box is the simple author box plugin.

If you can provide instructions, I can try to add the hook. I have used the elements extensively so I should be able to figure it out…

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Are you able to add the simple author box via a shortcode as well?

That would be the best method.

Alan

Leo, yes I can add the author box via shortcode, which would be a lot of work (as I have +/- 150 blog posts), but it is still placed above the post tags. Any other suggestions?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

what you would do is to add the shortcodes to your site using a Hook Element:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/hooks-element-overview/

Simply add the Shortcodes to the Hook Content.
    Select the after_content hook from the hook list.
    Check execute Shortcodes
    Set your Display Rules to Posts > All Posts.

Alan

David, I am trying to move the post tags below the content not move the author box below the content. Are you saying that if I create this hook element that the author box will move below the tags?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Alan

David, that worked perfectly. For anyone else using the same plugin and wanting the same placement, they will need to turn on the Manually insert the Simple Author Box option, otherwise, the box will be duplicated…

Thank You!!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad we could be of help.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.