[Resolved] move menu lower in sidebar

Home Forums Support [Resolved] move menu lower in sidebar

Home Forums Support move menu lower in sidebar

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dee Broughton

I searched but didn’t find anything…

Is there an easy way to move the main-navigation lower down in the sidebar, iow, not first? I know I could create a custom menu in a widget and put it where ever instead of using main-nav, but thought there might be an easy way to move it. Is there?

Second, thank you thank you thank you again thank you for GP. I am currently rebuilding a site that was using a theme I used to love and used on many sites and I am remembering WHY. I. SWITCHED. Yucky functionality, weird choices for styling that are super hard to get rid of. Yay, GP!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Dee,

The menu is added using hooks, and unfortunately there are no hooks between widgets, so the only options for placement are above the widget and below the widgets.

A workaround would be to add whatever content you want to the sidebar using a hook position before the menu – you would have to emulate the HTML structure of a widget, but it’s definitely possible.

Let me know if you need more info πŸ™‚

Dee Broughton

Tom –

I think it would be much simpler (for me) to just add a custom menu widget and then style the individual widget and add a css class to the menu items.

I think, in the end, though, I may just decide the that odd placement doesn’t work anyway and move it back to the top. πŸ™‚

Thanks tons. As always.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem πŸ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.