Home Forums Support Move Footer Widgets

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Tony Meekes

Hi Tom,

Really like the theme you’ve created here, and the add-ons have really cut down on the amount of work I need to do for site setup.

What I really want to know – is there a method to move the Footer Widgets? I want to move them FROM just above the footer TO just above the page content area.

I already managed it by manipulating the code, but I don’t really want to avoid updates just because I customized the code.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m about 80% done a new add-on called Featured Widgets which gives you the same amount of widgets and options for widgets below the header – sounds like it’s what you’re looking for?

I don’t have a release date for it yet, but it should be out in February πŸ™‚

Tony

Good to know Tom. Sounds like it may work, although I’m not sure. I might go with the theme hack for now, so I can get the site pushed out, and then take a look at the new add-on when you release it and revert back to a clean theme with its addition.

This is what I’m going for, by the way (see the “About” “Sponsor” and “Contact Us” widgets).
    GP ScreenCapture Move Widgets

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No worries – you’ll be able to switch over to the add-on from the hack quite easily.

The image didn’t seem to show up in your post.

Tony

That’s great Tom, thanks!

Essentially, I’m just moving the “footer-widgets” div inside the “primary” div – right before the “main” div. So the footer widgets become “header” widgets, but don’t take up the full width of the screen, they run just right of the left navigation bar.

Look forward to seeing the add-on update! Thanks for your work!

Tony Meekes

Hey Tom,

Any chance that this new add-on is available now, or soon?

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Tony,

I got kind of side-tracked with our latest add-on, Sections.

Featured Widgets is up next πŸ™‚

Peter Pallant

Sooooo looking forward to Featured Widgets….

Daniel

Is there a chance that someone will share a hook for this?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

What are you looking for? This post is quite old.

Might be best to start a new topic πŸ™‚

Thanks!

Daniel

Looking for a way to move up footer widgets – above content area. Like in first topic post πŸ™‚

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Move the footer widgets above main content?

Can you actually start a new topic and provide a link to your site?

An example of what you are trying to achieve might help to so we know if this is the best solution.

Thanks!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.