[Resolved] Move Featured Image Down One Paragraph

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Move Featured Image Down One Paragraph

Home Forums Support Move Featured Image Down One Paragraph

• This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 weeks ago by Elvin.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Michelle

I want the featured image to appear beneath an introductory paragraph on Single Post Pages. (The title and meta would be on top, an introductory paragraph would be next, and then the featured image would follow with the content beneath.)

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Michelle,

You can try hooking a paragraph block through a Block element and hook it to generate_after_entry_header.

This will make the paragraph appear under the post meta which is effectively above the featured image based on what you’ve mentioned. 🙂

Note: You may have to make a custom field for “Introductory paragraph” and pull it in as dynamic content for each posts.

A wise man once said:
    "Have you cleared your cache?"

Michelle

I created a Classic Paragraph Block and hooked it as you suggested. However, I don’t want the same verbiage for every page. Is this what will happen now? I want each post to have a different introduction/summary paragraph. I don’t know how to proceed…

I don’t understand custom fields very well.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

How do I turn off the server/hosting cache?
    Any idea what else I could try out?

Yeah that’s precisely why you need custom fields.

Custom fields allow you to have a field for specific function.

In your case, you can set a custom field specifically for adding in the verbiage for the first paragraph for each post.

You then change the classic paragraph you’ve hooked into a GenerateBlocks Headline hook with its tag set to dynamic and pull in your custom fields value so its the one being displayed.

Here’s a demo for assigning a custom field using ACF –
    https://share.getcloudapp.com/mXuPRvg4

Here’s a demo for displaying the value of the custom field using a Block Element
    https://share.getcloudapp.com/E0uKWmkX

A wise man once said:

Michelle

The link leads to a 404:

“Here’s a demo for displaying the value of the custom field using a Block Element
    https://share.getcloudapp.com/E0uKWmkX-”

Is the link incomplete perhaps?

I am trying to figure out how to use Custom Fields with a Block Element

Michelle

I just downloaded ACF.

Michelle

Your screen capture was brilliant. Thank you.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

The broken link was for assigning the ACF’s slug as a dynamic data to be fetched by a GB Headline element on a Block Element.

It’s basically setting the dynamic value dropdown to “Post terms” and add the ACF field slug to the text field. 😀

But I believe you’ve done that already? Glad you got it sorted. 😀

A wise man once said:

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.