[Resolved] Move Entry Meta below the Entry Tags

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Move Entry Meta below the Entry Tags

Home Forums Support Move Entry Meta below the Entry Tags

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Narender

Hey Tom,
    Thanks a ton for this awesome masterpiece of yours that I have been using for more than a year. For a new project, I require Entry Meta on Single Posts to be shown after the entry content.

I want to completely remove the entry meta output from below the entry title location (not to hide with CSS) and use it after the Entry Tags. It would be even great if I can get the shortcode or function that I can add to the Hook position of my own choice.

I just want to use Author Name (No URL to posts, No Gravatar), Post Published Time, Post Updated Time for the Entry Meta that I want to use below the entry content.

Also, I would love to remove the Comma between the Entry Tags.

TIA

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Give this a shot:

add_action( 'after_setup_theme', function() {
        remove_action( 'generate_after_entry_title', 'generate_post_meta' );
        add_action( 'generate_after_entry_content', 'generate_post_meta', 15 );
    } );

To remove the commas from tags, try this:

add_filter( 'generate_tag_list_output', function( $output ) {
        $tags_list = get_the_tag_list( '', '' );

return sprintf( '<span class="tags-links"><span class="screen-reader-text">%1$s </span>%2$s</span>', // WPCS: XSS ok, sanitization ok.
            esc_html_x( 'Tags', 'Used before tag names.', 'generatepress' ),
            $tags_list
        );
    } );
    Narender

Thanks for the snippets, Tom. Both of them worked great but I need something more. Is there any way to use a shortcode to make Last Updated and Last Published Dates appear anywhere.

For Example, I use the following snippet on my Genesis Framework based website:

Posted [post_date format=”relative” relative_depth=”1″] on [post_modified_time] by [post_author]

The output I get is something like that:

“Posted <time class=”entry-time” itemprop=”datePublished” datetime=”2018-09-02T13:56:43+00:00″>3 days ago</time> on <time class=”entry-modified-time” itemprop=”dateModified” datetime=”2018-09-02T14:00:02+00:00″>2:00 pm</time> by <span class=”entry-author” itemprop=”author” itemscope=”” itemtype=”https://schema.org/Person”><span class=”entry-author-name” itemprop=”name”>Author</span></span>”

Posted 3 days ago on 2:00 pm by Author

Basically, here are the things that I want to do with the post meta now:

1. Have it inside the DIV block so that I can style it better with the CSS.
    2. Having post published date in Relative Format.
    3. Showing only the Author Name instead of Author Name with the profile link.
    4. Ability to Add the text before Post Updated Date and Post Published Date.

Sorry, If it sounds too much to ask for but try to provide the maximum you can ๐Ÿ™‚

One more thing, My GeneratePress License was expiring on 24th Sept 2018. I decided to renew it today. So, what would be the expiration date of my latest license? Will it be 24th September 2019 or 4th September 2019?

Narender

It’s sleeping time here. However, I was wondering if there is any possibility to do the following:

1. Change “Leave a Comment” to any custom text.
    2. Completely Remove the output of the line “% of thoughts on Post Title” before the comments.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
    Narender

Comments Heading fix worked. I have tried the solution for Updated Date (https://docs.generatepress.com/article/show-the-updated-post-date/) but it creates the following issue:

1. Published Date get hidden. It’s shown if I don’t use the Display:none but gets inlined with the post updated date.
    2. The text Last Updated is integrated within the Published Date Link.

Is there any way to remove the URL/Links from Post Meta?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

1. You could try adding this:

.posted-on .updated + .entry-date {
        display: inline-block;
    }

2. Check out the third example here: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/generate_post_date_output/

Narender

Here is my last query Tom as most of them have been resolved by you.

My GeneratePress License was expiring on 24th Sept 2018. I decided to renew it today. So, what would be the expiration date of my latest license? Will it be 24th September 2019 or 4th September 2019?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

It will be 1 year from the expiration date ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.