[Support request] Move coupon field in checkout (WooCommerce)

Home Forums Support [Support request] Move coupon field in checkout (WooCommerce)

Home Forums Support Move coupon field in checkout (WooCommerce)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Pedro

Hello! I hope you are well.

I would like you to please help me with the following:

I would like to move the coupon field from before the billing information to before the order summary (on the checkout page)

If it is possible to show it as text, great!

I know it can be done by adding code in the functions.php file, but I do not know how to do it.

I hope you can help me, thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

not 100% sure but give this PHP snippet a shot:

remove_action( 'woocommerce_before_checkout_form', 'woocommerce_checkout_coupon_form', 10 );
    add_action( 'woocommerce_checkout_order_review', 'woocommerce_checkout_coupon_form', 5 );

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-php/

Pedro

Hello david! Thanks for answering.

I placed the code in functions and effectively moved it.

However, now it shows the news asking for the coupon, and it also shows the coupon field, I would like this to be hidden.

Screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ey49181kgbf1px3/Captura%20de%20pantalla%20de%202019-02-26%2011-16-23.png?dl=0

I would also like that it did not have the news style, but that it was only text.

Ex: Have a coupon? LINK

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Unfortunately by moving the coupon, it removes the necessary HTML required to trigger the toggle. That would take custom development which is out of our scope.

I can provide some CSS to hide the News Alert and style the “Si tienes un código de cupón, por favor, aplícalo abajo.” – let me know

Pedro

Hello david!

I would like you to please help me with the CSS code, I would appreciate it.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Any chance you can move the coupon field back to where you want it? Hard to provide the necessary CSS with it up above the columns.

Let me know 🙂

Pedro

Hello Tom! Thanks for answering.

What I really want is to move the coupon field to another place that is not the beginning of the checkout.

Since what is achieved with this is to prevent customers from abandoning the purchase.

I hope you can help me, thanks.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Did the code David provide not move the field as you needed? Looks like you just need some CSS to remove the blue notice box?

Pedro

Hello Tom!

Yes, I need to hide the blue block with CSS. You can help?

Thank you!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

looks like you changed the checkout – i can’t see the blue notification? Let us know.

Pedro

Hello david! Sorry!

The checkout that I am using by default of WooCommerce is on the site: http://www.rebajaslocas.com

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Try this CSS:

.woocommerce-form-coupon-toggle {
        display: none;
    }
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.