[Resolved] Move archive title and description to page header

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Move archive title and description to page header

Home Forums Support Move archive title and description to page header

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Fabien

Hi,

Using php function and template files, I’ve created a full width header for my categories pages.

However, the title/description is now displayed 2 times in the page : in the header and in #content. I want to my title / description to be displayed only in the full width header.

Using this function works but it removes the title/description everywhere :

add_action( 'wp', function() {
        if ( is_category() ) {
            remove_action( 'generate_archive_title', 'generate_archive_title' );
        }
        if ( is_category() ) {
            add_action( 'generate_after_main_content', 'generate_do_archive_description' );
        }
    } );

What should I do ? Stop using <?php do_action('generate_archive_title'); ?> in my header template ?

Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

You’ll need to update your conditional logic to only apply to the template that you’ve added your header to.

Have you considered using our Header Element? It will remove the default archive titles if you use {{post_title}}: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/header-element-overview/

Fabien

Thanks Tom. For now I’d like to keep my workflow (with version control) ๐Ÿ˜‰

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

In that case, your best bet is to update your conditions when removing the title to only apply to the necessary pages.

Fabien

Will do, thanks again and keep the great work !

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.