[Resolved] More in search results

Home Forums Support [Resolved] More in search results

Home Forums Support More in search results

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Mizanur

Hello Tom

When I search something on my website using search feature, I got only 6 results. (That maybe because I set 6 blogs to show). How could I make search to show more results, not only 6? Is it possible?

Thanks as always.
    Mizan

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Mizan,

Maybe a plugin like this will help: https://wordpress.org/plugins/cbnet-different-posts-per-page/

Let me know πŸ™‚

Mizanur

Thanks a lot for pointing to this plug-in. Yes, it works.

You should implement rating system for each of this help. Five star. πŸ™‚
    Mizan

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad I could help πŸ™‚

Daniel

Hi John,

I use Generatepress template and I want to show paginate links on my search page. For example, if I have 50 results, but I just want to show 10 results per page. Is this possible?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Daniel,

The same plugin should work for you as well: https://wordpress.org/plugins/cbnet-different-posts-per-page/

Daniel

Hi Tom (Sorry I wrote John before),

I don’t want to show 50 entries on one page. The problem I see is, that I want previuos and next links, but they don’t show. I already tried to paste <?php generate_content_nav( ‘nav-below’ ); ?> on different places in the code with no effort. Can you help me?

Cheers Daniel

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Daniel,

They will only show if you have more than one page of results.

The plugin I pointed you to should allow you to choose exactly how many results you want to display – not just 50.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Daniel

Hi Tom,

that’s exactly the problem I have. Let’s say I get 50 results, but I only see 10 results on my page and no previous or next links. If I change the Theme to Twentyfourteen, I get the paginating links. How can I get the links get to work? I don’t thik, that another plugin will help me.

I already created some posts – there I get the paginating function. But the other content is pages wich should be shown in the search results. Also in the pages there are no next and previous links.

Hope you can help?
    Daniel

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Daniel,

So when you search, you should have more than one page of results, but there’s no pagination links?

I just tried on my development site using GP, and the links showed up to take me to the next page.

Can you possibly link me to your website so I can take a look?

Thanks!

Daniel

Hi Tom,

I just wanted to know if you found a solution for my problem.
    I sent you the login to my site via e-mail.

Cheers Daniel

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Sorry, Daniel! Must have missed your email with login details – I recently migrated to a more powerful server, but lost some emails in the process.

Can you possibly re-send?

Thanks!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.