[Support request] Mobile viewport won't stay still and shows slight margin on right hand side.

Home Forums Support [Support request] Mobile viewport won't stay still and shows slight margin on right hand side.

Home Forums Support Mobile viewport won't stay still and shows slight margin on right hand side.

• This topic has 11 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by David.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    James

I’m testing my site on an iphone using safari and chrome. Using GP premium with a fairly modified “Navigator” theme. The site has a margin on the right hand side which is about the width of the scroll bar. Also, when I scroll up and down the page, the container moves and doesn’t snap back to its original position too easily. Any ideas what might be causing this?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you share a link to your site so i can see the issue?

You can edit your original topic and use the Site URL field to share the link privately.

James

Hi David, I have now updated with the link.

James

EDIT

James

Any ideas how I can solve this?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You have a coming soon enabled – any chance you can disable that ?

James

Hi there – sorted it

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear that 🙂

James

Hi,

No I mean I removed the “coming soon page” the original problem still persists!

I’ve tried to use “touch-action: none” but that didn’t work. I’ve also tried to hide overflow on both X and Y axis and that didn’t work either.

It’s something to do with the pinch and zoom. I can basically “disrupt” the position of the right hand side of the site just by moving it on my phone. The left hand side snaps back to position as it needs to, the right hand side leaves a visible margin as in the screenshot above.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Aah my bad – thought you had fixed it.

So quite a lot of things at play, from plugins and custom CSS.
    First there is Yellow Pencil CSS – that needs removing:

body {
        margin-right: -5px;
    }

The other issues are related to the UAGB plugins CSS and Custom CSS attached to it. So rather then unpick all that try adding this CSS:

html, body {
        overflow-x: hidden;
    }
    James

Yes, I added both of these and it seems to work!

Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.