[Support request] Mobile version of Elementor pages are 'jumpy' i.e. skip parts on scroll

Home Forums Support [Support request] Mobile version of Elementor pages are 'jumpy' i.e. skip parts on scroll

Home Forums Support Mobile version of Elementor pages are 'jumpy' i.e. skip parts on scroll

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Ronald

Hello,

I’m reporting what seems like a bug on Elementor pages when viewed on a mobile device with the GP back to top button activated. When scrolling down a page, everything is fine. But when you scroll back up the page jumps up. The same happens when you scroll down again. Please see these screencast videos recorded on a Huawei Honor 5X, android and chrome browser, and Samsung Galaxy J7 android and firefox browser to see the problem. I’ve now turned off the back to top function to avoid the issue.

The problem appears to be the GP ‘back to top’ function. When I turn it off, the problems disappears. The Elementor support team have told me to contact you on this issue. Is there anything that can be diagnosed/done about this issue?

Kind regards,
    Ronald Postma

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Ronald,

could you re-activate the back to top button so we can see what the issue is?

Ronald

Hi David,

It’s re-activated now, thanks for looking at this! Please let me know if you need to be able to login; how can I make a private reply?
    Ronald

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Ronald,

all of the templates and content are Elementor, so not sure what we can do to fix, but willing to have a look at the site, you can send login with a link to this post on the pre-sales form here:

https://generatepress.com/contact/

Ronald

Thanks a lot David, did that. I’ll await the next step either here or by e-mail.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, I’m not noticing any issues using Chrome on my Pixel 2.

Does this happen to you on every single page? Or just the home page?

From a technical standpoint, the back to top button doesn’t actually initiate any sort of scrolling behavior unless it’s clicked.

Ronald

Hi Tom,

Saproba.com is currently set to maintenance mode, and only loads one page from a template for non-logged-in visitors. This is the page where we’ve confirmed the issue when back to top is activated.

I encounter the same problem on another site I manage that runs on GP+Elementer. Here it strangely does not happen on the front page https://www.agroforestry.co.uk/, but it does for example happen on https://www.agroforestry.co.uk/about-agroforestry/

We’ve checked this on multiple mobile devices, and the problem occurs on all of them.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Ronald,

Let me look into this a bit more – I’ll see if I can pinpoint the issue.

Will get back to you ASAP.

Ronald

Thanks a lot Tom, I appreciate it. Looking forward to hear more on this,
    Ronald

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

So since this is happening on some pages and not others, we need to narrow down the difference between those pages.

A specific Elementor section could be causing the conflict for example. The best way to debug this is to turn sections off one by one, and then check.

It’s a little time consuming, but I think it’s the only way pinpoint where this issue is coming from.

As far as the back to top button goes – the script is ridiculously simple. I’m not sure how we could alter it to prevent any conflicts, as there’s really not much happening.

Let me know 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.