[Resolved] mobile support for older version

Home Forums Support [Resolved] mobile support for older version

Home Forums Support mobile support for older version

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Achim

Hi Tom,

I’m using GP since May this year (think it is Version: 1.2.9.8). Great theme! I’m happy with it. Only behaviour on iPad could be better. Images look very poor here because of the fact that always small teaser images are being used instead of the better desktop version images.
    Recently you wrote in this post that the next version of GP will act on iPad like it does on desktop. Is there a (easy) workaround to implement mobile support within the old version? I did modified the theme in many different places and re-editing these files would take a lot of time.

Thank you for your time

Kind regards
    Achim

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Achim,

Ouch – you modified the core theme so much you can’t implement your changes in a child theme? Missing out on updates really sucks, as I’m always improving the theme, including the performance of it.

I’m not too sure about your question though – the full desktop image is still shown on tablets and even mobile, it’s just sized down to fit inside the container that it’s in. If it didn’t do this, it would reach outside of the container and look pretty bad.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.