- This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 7 months ago by Leo.
November 14, 2020 at 3:14 pm #1531528ideawrights
Hey guys, this is a minor thing that I can fix with position: fixed, but I am not getting the mobile header to be sticky.
The setup is
– GP 3.02
– GP Premium 1.12.2
– Customizing > Layout > Sticky Navigation > Sticky Navigation set to On
I have tried
– setting it to Mobile Only
– adding a logo in case it needs that to fire
– setting the Menu Item Height
– disabling all plugins except GP Premium.
Still no joyNovember 14, 2020 at 3:25 pm #1531532ideawrights
Okay, I figured this out. I would say the UI is super confusing on this. It took me an hour with GREP and breakpoints to see that this is the wrong setting.
There are two settings here
– Customizing > Layout > Sticky Navigation > Sticky Navigation which takes the values On, Off, Mobile Only and Desktop Only (was set to On and Mobile Only).
– Customizing > Header > Mobile Header which takes the values On and Off (was set to On)
– Customizing > Header > Sticky which was set to off.
A couple of things are confusing here
1. There is nothing to indicate that Customizing > Header > Sticky pertains to the Mobile Header only. There are no sections or styling to indicate which items form a group. So my assumption was that Sticky pertained to the header, like the other settings. If it were simply labelled Sticky Mobile Header, Mobile Header Branding Type, Mobile Header Logo that would help.
But there is still the other issue.
2. When I had Customizing > Header > Sticky set to off, but Customizing > Layout > Sticky Navigation > Sticky Navigation set to On or Desktop Only, it worked as expected on the desktop. So I would not have guessed that in order to make it work on mobile, I needed to go to a different place. Similarly, right now I have Customizing > Layout > Sticky Navigation > Sticky Navigation set to Desktop Only, but because I have Customizing > Header > Sticky, my mobile navigation is sticky.
Super confusing. It would be helpful perhaps if you had links between the two sections like you do for typography to link to colors and colors to link to typography. That helps a lot for figuring out why I can set a font size, but not a font color, from the typography page, for example.
And by the way, for the most part, I love working with GP. There are so many hooks. Usually with a bit of grepping around for filters, I find I can ID the hook to do almost anything I want. So powerful.November 14, 2020 at 3:35 pm #1531536ideawrights
Marking as resolvedNovember 14, 2020 at 4:15 pm #1531571LeoStaffCustomer Support
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.