[Resolved] Mobile performance less than great.

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Mobile performance less than great.

Home Forums Support Mobile performance less than great.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Rick

Hi there,

Quick question. On my website http://gorilla.bi, I’m running generatepress. I’ve got things configured as I like them. The performance is stellar on desktop. However, it is less than great on mobile. Lighthouse scores for mobile get me a 59 for performance. Can you give me some pointers on what I’ve done wrong here and how to improve? Thanks again.

Best regards,
    Rick

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the main issues that Page Speed Insights throws up are:

1. Defer render blocking resources – must cache plugins provide options to defer JS script loading which will remove them from the critical requests and stop them from render blocking.

2. LCP time – the Largetst Contentful Paint Element is your first featured image. This is being lazyloaded so it loads after everything else. You may want to check with the plugin developer to see if Above the Fold Images can be excluded.

2.1 The lazy loader is also a cause for CLS ( which doesn’t currently effect the ranking ) as you can see on intial load its leaving a much taller space then the image requires. You may want to consider a different plugin.

So ultimately you may want to look for a cache plugin or try Autoptimize ( which includes a good lazy loaded ) and our Tips here:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/configuring-autoptimize/

Rick

Hi David,

I added the Autoptimize plugin, and put the settings in line with your recommended settings.

Then in WP Rocket I turned off the minimization and lazy loading, so it could be handled by Autoptimize.

This seems to have solved it. Mobile performance jumped from 59 to 94 in lighthouse.

Couldn’t be happier. Such a great way to end the year. Thanks for the fantastic support. Hope you have a great new years celebration.

Best,
    Rick

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

That’s great to hear. Glad to be help and best wishes to you too for the new year!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.