[Resolved] Mobile Optimization

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Mobile Optimization

Home Forums Support Mobile Optimization

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Vadims

Hello Tom,

I did a test at varvy.com and 2 things popped up.

1. Tap targets are small

2. Content does not fit viewport

This would not bother me if I was be able to click icons with precision on mobile. When I want to click the search icon on mobile I have to click about 1-2 mm to the left of the icon for it to register.

I want to mention that this only seems to be happening on Ipod, I also tested it with two phones and there is no such issue there.

Is it just the Ipod or is there something else?

Thank you

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I just tested your site here: https://search.google.com/test/mobile-friendly

Everything passed and looks good?

Vadims

Hello Leo,

yeah I know, I tested it there as well.

How come is click registration/detection a bit off on Ipod then? As mentioned I have to click like 1-2 mm to the left of the actual icon. Again, I don’t know if this is just my Ipod, so I am making sure by asking you guys.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Which registration/detection part are you talking about? Is it a button on a specific page?

Vadims

Tom,

yes, so far it seems to be the search icon, there might be something else, search icon is what I noticed so far.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I would trust the Google mobile friendly test over any other test, I don’t believe there’s any issues with your site.

Are you having trouble tapping the search icon on your iPod? Nothing happens at all when you tap it?

Vadims

Tom,

I am sure as well that there are no issues.

The icon works, but I have to tap about 1 mm to the left of the icon, if I tap the icon directly in the middle it does not register, only first half of the icon is being registered. And as I mentioned it is only on the Ipod for ssome reason, works fine eveywhere else.

What worries me a bit is that if this issue is on the Ipod, it might also be on some other devices, but again, I have no idea, asking you guys to be sure.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I just tested it on a Pixel and an iPhone 6 – no issues. I don’t have an iPod to test, but it should be the same as the iPhone. I’ll get Leo to test as well.

Vadims

Tom,

thank you.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I tested on iPhone 6s and iPad (old) and not noticing any issues at all.

Don’t have an iPod either unfortunately. Didn’t know they can view websites.

Vadims

Leo,

thank you, seems to be my Ipod then.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.