[Resolved] mobile menu site title color not customized

Home Forums Support [Resolved] mobile menu site title color not customized

Home Forums Support mobile menu site title color not customized

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Paul

maybe i’m missing something (probably, ha) but it seems like there’s a couple of color bugs with text site titles…

in customize -> colors -> header, there’s ‘text’ color, and ‘site title’ color.

the text color changes the site title color, and i can’t figure out what the site title is meant to change (tag line?)

and with mobile menu turned on, neither setting changes the text color because it’s in a different css class i think.

i had to hard code the mobile site title color:

.navigation-branding .main-title { color: #efefef; }

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

when you added the filter to include a <span> within the site title you also removed the <a> which is the element the Customize -> Colors -> Header –> Site Title targets.

This applies to the Mobile Header as well.

Paul

thanks for that… still confused though.
    i disabled my filter entirely to take it out of the equation.

in customize->colors->header:

Site Title color appears to do nothing.

now my title (on desktop and mobile) is showing white, but setting Text, Link or Site colors doesn’t change the site title text color either.

i’ve inspected and see the first rule overriding the other 2?

.header-wrap .main-title a, .header-wrap .main-title a:hover, .header-wrap .main-title a:visited {
    color: #ffffff;
    }

.main-title a, .main-title a:hover, .main-title a:visited {
    color: #1abc9c;
    }
    .site-header a, .site-header a:visited {
    color: #3498db;
    }

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Your site title color is using the white color from the Header Element applied to that page. That value will prevent the Customizer setting from doing anything.

The header “Text” color option will apply to all text in the header, like header widgets or hooks added to it.

The site title color will only change the color of the site title, so it can be different than the text color if necessary.

However, neither should do anything to the site title if your Header Element has a site title color set.

Paul

oh my goodness, thank you Tom! i’d imported the layout from the Site Library so i didn’t even know about the header element and its associated colors!

i kept wondering what the HECK is setting the title to white no matter how i customize colors!!!

so i’ve just cleared the color setting in the header element and NOW the customizer color works.

THANK YOU as always for awesome theme and support!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad I could help! 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.