mobile menu not showing – yes tried fixes

Home Forums Support mobile menu not showing – yes tried fixes

Home Forums Support mobile menu not showing – yes tried fixes

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Claire

Hi Tom

Thank you for a great theme. I was really hopeful that it will be the perfect one for our school site and it is if I use the main theme but if I install a child theme the mobile menu drops out. I have read every support doc and forum entry that I can find and have completely emptied the style.css so all it had was an empty file:
    /*
    Theme Name: gp-child
    Template: generatepress
    */
    so it should inherit the whole parent theme style.css
    and set up completely new child-theme with all plugins disabled…but no joy…everything looks great until you view small screen

Do you have any suggestions as to how I can fix it please? I can’t show you on the site at the mo as I have had to revert back to the old 2011 theme until I can fix it as it is a live site.

I could make my css changes to the parent theme style.css, but would really like to avoid that if at all possible…

Thank you in advance!

Claire

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Is there anything in your functions.php file?

Mathes

Hi, I have the same problem. In child-theme the mobile navigation will no longer appear. Switch I to the parent theme, she’s back. Besides the inserted child css file no changes were made.

Thanx for help

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Is there anything in the child theme style.css or functions.php files?

Kat

Hi Tom,

I’m having the same problem as Claire and Mathes. Using Frealancer child..nothing in style.css. Only change to child functions.php was navigation colors.

Looking forward to an update or quick fix asap. Do not want to change to different theme.

Thanx

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you link me to your site? Not much I can do without seeing the issue πŸ™‚

Kat

Sure, here is a link: http://goo.gl/QqU0p6

I have disabled Freelancer child theme, updated permissions and application pool since I’m running this on Windows IIS. It still does not work. I have the bare minimum…only three pages an nothing else.

I appreciate your help.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No scripts at all are loading in your footer.

Some things that can cause this:

1. The wp_footer() function has been removed from the footer.php template.
    2. A plugin is causing a PHP error causing the rest of the code not to print.

I’m assuming you have no plugins installed?

You can try re-installing the theme in case something is corrupt in the files you downloaded.

Another option is to check the error_log file for any errors.

Kat

Hi Tom,

Thanks so much for the speedy support. Fixed now πŸ™‚ I had commented out the wp_footer function inadvertently. New to WP!

Kat

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad I could help – the wp_footer() function is super important to WP πŸ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.