[Support request] Mobile Menu Not Functioning After Update

Home Forums Support [Support request] Mobile Menu Not Functioning After Update

Home Forums Support Mobile Menu Not Functioning After Update

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Crystal

Hello. I completed the update to version 1.6.2 on May 4. Immediately following the update, I noticed that my desktop menu settings were changed. I corrected my primary menu settings and they now function on my desktop. They also appear to function when I look at the mobile theme from my desktop (I installed a WPTouch plugin that has been working really well up to this point). When I look at my site from my mobile device, I am able to view the menu as well as menu options, but when I click on a menu option nothing happens. I have tried deactivating and reactivating plugins and making a few changes to menus to see if I can figure it out, but no luck. Any guidance would be appreciated.

-Crystal

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Do you have the “Slideout Menu” theme location set to a menu in “Appearance > Menus”?: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-wordpress-menu-builder/#setting-a-theme-location

Crystal

No. I do not currently have slide out navigation activated. I only have one main menu, a Primary Menu. I have been using that menu for desktop as well as mobile. Under Appearance > Menus > I have selected WPTouch Header Menu and Primary Menu as Display locations Manage Locations. I’m having a hard time troubleshooting because the mobile site doesn’t seem to change regardless of the updates I make in the customizer. I am clearing my browser data and history on my device but it doesn’t seem to make a difference.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

When I open your site on my phone (Pixel 2, Chrome), the mobile menu button opens the GP slideout navigation. It’s just an empty white area, as there’s no menu selected for it.

When you go to “Customize > Layout > Slideout Navigation”, the slideout navigation is disabled?

Crystal

Correct. It is set to “off”

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

In that case you must have some sort of caching plugin or server caching going on, as the slideout navigation is definitely loading: https://www.screencast.com/t/NAjtilXSW1HB

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.