[Support request] Mobile Menu Issue (not all pages visible)

Home Forums Support [Support request] Mobile Menu Issue (not all pages visible)

Home Forums Support Mobile Menu Issue (not all pages visible)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Gary

Hi,

Not sure how by default a GeneratePress menu should look and work on mobile. I have a domain where one of the pages has a few sub pages (parent page is services and the child pages are the individual services).

In total I would not say there are an excessive number of pages. However when I click on the parent page to reveal the child pages not all child pages are visible. The screen does not scroll enough to reveal all the pages that a user might want to click. I’m using GeneratePress with Elementor.

With Divi which is what I was using before this does not seem to be an issue. With a menu in Divi you can reveal as many child pages as you like and continue to scroll down the page past menu to the actual content.

The domain with the issue is:

https://www.northamptonlocksmiths.co.uk

I’m sure there is some simple solution to this but just surprised it behaves this way by default. Can you advise how I fix this problem?

Thanks
    Gary

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Gary,

This can be an issue with longer mobile menus + the menu being sticky. It’s an issue I’m working on.

For now, I suggest activating the slideout menu on mobile: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/activating-slide-out-navigation/

Let me know if you need more info ๐Ÿ™‚

Gary

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply. What you’re saying makes sense but having tried what you suggest the result is not what I expected.

With the slideout menu activated I noticed that pages that do not form part of the header menu but are instead in the footer now appear in the slideout. These are pages like privacy policy that I don’t want to highlight much and which customers will never click. Also the order the pages are not the same as before. So home for example is halfway down the slideout rather than the first option. Finally is it my imagination or does using slideout option disable the child menus? My services page did not have an option to click to see the child pages.

If these things are easily remedied the slideout could well be my preferred solution. For now I have disabled sticky for mobile which seems the best option open to me.

Thanks
    Gary

Paul

It sounds like you need to select the correct menu to appear in the slideout:

Customize > Menus > Menu Locations > Slideout Menu (choose from the dropdown).

Gary

Ah thanks Paul that added bit of info has done the trick.

Thanks again

Gary

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thanks Paul ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.