[Support request] Mobile menu: display level 2 menu items

Home Forums Support [Support request] Mobile menu: display level 2 menu items

Home Forums Support Mobile menu: display level 2 menu items

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Alex

Hi,

Can you advise on how to display level 2 menu items below their respective parent items (default GP theme) in the mobile menu? I see that the child items are in the HTML, but do not appear at all, even on hover. I can hack them with CSS to appear on hover (not actually useful on mobile), but they seem to be controlled by JS; should I explore the menu.js file? Had a quick look at it, but it was not obvious.

Thanks!

Alex

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

On mobile, you need to tap the arrow icon to open the sub-menus. Is that not working for you?

Let me know πŸ™‚

Alex

Hi, thanks for the speedy response!

Odd, I see no arrows for submenus. Given that lack, I was trying to display indented level 2 children. I did get that working via CSS only, and that may be an even more usable solution for a small site β€” no extra tap needed.

Hold on β€” I just tried deactivating the Menus Plus module, and the arrows appeared! Is this the expected behaviour with Menus Plus β€” no mobile arrows?

Thanks,

Alex

Alex

OK, without Menus Plus I seem to be back in the real world, what a trip! Is it that some CSS required for the module that is not loading?

Alex

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Enable the Mobile Plus Module.
    Then in Customizer > Layout > Primary Navigation change Navigation Dropdown to Click Arrow then let us know.

Alex

Done: That has no effect at all on the mobile drop-down menu. The desktop menu has been fine all along, including showing the arrow. The mobile has no arrow, and wrong spacing, items fairly tight together with little margins top and bottom. That’s why I was guessing that sone CSS is missing.

Alex

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you provide a link to your site ?
    You can edit your original topic and use the Site URL field to share the link privately.

Alex

Done, with Menus Plus on (all works fine with it off)… let me know if you need further access.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Instead of using a nav menu widget in the off canvas widget area, try assigning that menu to the Off Canvas menu instead:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-wordpress-menu-builder/#setting-a-theme-location

Let me know πŸ™‚

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.