[Resolved] Mobile menu break point and header merge

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Mobile menu break point and header merge

Home Forums Support Mobile menu break point and header merge

• This topic has 11 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Colin

Hi,

I set my mobile menu breakpoint to 1100 via Customizer>Header>mobile breakpoint.

On pages where I use Elements and have the header set to “merge on desktop only”, the mobile header seems to merge with the header between (I think..?) 768 – 1100.

So, if I view these pages on an ipad in portrait mode the mobile menu does not merge with the header, which is what I want. But if I view it in landscape mode the header does merge with the header, which I don’t want. You can see this on any of my ‘Services’ pages, About, or Contact.

Is there a way around this, or did I miss something?

Thank you!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Not quite sure if I understand.

I checked every page in the primary menu and don’t see a header element added.

Can you double check?

Let me know πŸ™‚

Colin

Hi Leo,

Sorry, its entirely possible my wording isn’t accurate. I took a few screenshots to better explain.

Example #1 is how I want my mobile menu to look on all my ‘Services’, About, and Contact pages up to 1100 pixel width. The top pictures are separate from and not ‘merged’ with the mobile menu.

In example #2 and #3 those pictures are merged. They are underneath the mobile menu and that is what I do not want.

After 1100px, when it reverts to the desktop menu, I do want the top pictures and the menu to merge.

Thanks πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah, that option is for the mobile menu, but the option in the Header Element is for the mobile breakpoint (which may differ from the mobile menu breakpoint).

You can adjust it with this filter:

add_filter( 'generate_not_mobile_media_query', function() {
        return '(min-width: 1101px)';
    } );

Let me know πŸ™‚

Colin

Hmm.. is this right? I didn’t publish

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah, sorry – it should be added using one of these methods: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-php/

Colin

Yes that worked! Thanks so much!! πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome, glad I could help πŸ™‚

George

Hello. Sorry for barging in here! I tried this code to change the header element mobile breakpoint but it’s not working. Is the code still valid? Looking to activate header element mobile breakpoint earlier than 768px.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hey George,

The generate_not_mobile_media_query applies to desktop CSS only – not mobile.

You can change the mobile media query, but it will change it throughout the plugin where it’s active:

add_filter( 'generate_media_queries', function( $queries ) {
        $queries['mobile'] = '(max-width:768px)';

return $queries;
    } );
    George

Yeah, this last code worked for me, Tom! I decided to go with a media query instead, though, since I had a few other sizes to tidy up.

Thank you!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem πŸ™‚

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.