[Resolved] Mobile Header On but Still Want to Show Header Widget

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Mobile Header On but Still Want to Show Header Widget

Home Forums Support Mobile Header On but Still Want to Show Header Widget

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Gregory

Hi,

I have searched the forum but not found a solution for this question.

I want to have mobile header turned on but when I do this, the header widget is not displayed. I understand that this is a feature of the mobile header and that the intention is to save space but it would be good to be able to have the header widget in my case.

I can’t locate a hide-on-mobile class (name from memory) and I also don’t see the computed CSS for the widget etc gaining a display:none or similar.

Can you give me a tip about how I can add the widget into the otherwise wonderful mobile header?

Thanks.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Any chance you can link us to the site in question?

You can use the private information field.

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Gregory

Link to dev site provided in private info field.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

So basically you’d like the username and password to show on top of the current mobile header?

Gregory

Ah, sorry… yes, that is in the header when logged out. If you create an account and log in you will see the header then contains notification icons and a log out link.

It would be ideal to have that content (the header widget) still visible.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I think the best way to do this is to add the widget in the top bar widget area as well:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/top-bar-widget-area/

Then you can also add hide-on-desktop and hide-on-tablet classes so it only appears on mobile:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/responsive-display/#using-our-hide-on-classes

Gregory

Thanks… I will give this a try right now.

Gregory

Thanks Leo. Great support. Already all set up and activated on main production site now.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.