[Resolved] Mobile Header & No scrolling

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Mobile Header & No scrolling

Home Forums Support Mobile Header & No scrolling

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Leanne

Hi,

Please look at the main page of the website I attached to this message.

When you look at the header on a desktop computer you see a faded white area behind the menu and logo. That is what I want. But, we you go to a cellphone the white part is a little big. How can I make it smaller?

NOTE: I have mobile header turned OFF. If I turn it ON, and look at it on my cellphone the log is to the left and the menu is to the right (which is what I prefer, but the faded white does not appear behind the logo and menu making them very difficult to see. I hope this is clear.

My second problem is…. is there a way to make the home page visible from the top bar to the footer, without scrolling, on all devices. I am ok with the slider of images being cut off on the right and/or left, I just want it to appear fully on the screen without scrolling on all devices.

Thanks for you help.
    Leanne

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

– Can you activate the mobile header first and let me have a look?

– Hmm I’m not sure if there is a good way to do that unfortunately.

Can you try adding the slider as the page hero content and set the element to full screen?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/header-element-overview/#full-screen

I’ll see if there is a way to tweak it afterwards.

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Leanne

Hi.

I was able to fix the header on mobile devices to be semi transparent. I created the header for the main page using your page hero content and had set the background for the menu area to fully transparent.

I tried to add the slider as a page hero but it does not show up. I think it is because the header was created with a page hero. You can’t have two page heros on one page…. right?

So, I just need to know how to make the main page full HEIGHT on all devices. Any ideas?

Also, on this page https://lnftwd.com/contact/ we want the full width map at the bottom, so I created the page as a full width page, but there is a big space between the contact text and the form. Is there a way to make this part of the page not full width?

Thanks,
    Leanne

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can combine the merge header and slider into one single header element.

Leanne

Ok. The slider and menu are now all in the same page hero.

Now, is there a way to make the home page visible from the top bar to the footer, without scrolling, on all devices? I am ok with the slider of images being cut off on the right and/or left, I just want it to appear fully on the screen without scrolling on all devices.

Thanks so much for your help.

Leanne

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you first try using the full-screen option for the page hero as suggested above?

Then we should just need to tweak some CSS to compensate for the footer height.

Leanne

Sorry. It is now set to full screen.

Thanks

Leanne

PS… let me know if I need to make the images a different size.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

You will want to first make sure the slider is full-screen as well.

I’m on a 24″ screen and see a white space at the bottom.

Then try this CSS:

.site-footer {
        margin-top: -53px;
        position: relative;
    }
    Leanne

Hi,

I set the slider to full screen and put in your code. On some devices, I now see white space above and below the slider. On my android phone there is a huge amount of white space below the footer.

The images are 3840 x 1770 which is very large. Do you recommend resizing?

Thanks,
    Leanne

Leanne

What about adding VH. I don’t know CSS very well. But from a search, I found that it might help.

What do you suggest?

Leanne

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Looks like the slider itself is bigger than full-screen right now.

Can you double-check?

As I mentioned before, it’s not very easy to make a page full screen without scrolling on all devices.

Leanne

Hi,

The slider is Smart Slider 3. I was using the free version which did not have the full-screen option. I purchased the pro version and set it to full-screen.

I don’t see any difference. What is next?

Thanks

Leanne

Actually…. maybe it is working. What do you think?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yup looks like it’s all working to me ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.