[Resolved] Mobile Header Benefit?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Mobile Header Benefit?

Home Forums Support Mobile Header Benefit?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ian

On a new site, I am seeing very little difference in visual appearance short of a few pixels of padding around the logo and mobile menu. If Mobile Header = Off, we can use the Header Padding section to control padding. If Mobile Header = ON, the header padding does not take.

So… what is the advantage or disadvantage of turning ON the mobile header. I am pretty sure I have turned this on for all GP sites but wanted to make sure if we use Off Canvas, what is the need to also enable a Mobile Header? Is there a speed advantage to keeping this in the OFF position?

Any insight would be appreciated!

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Ian,

You have the option to add something on mobile header only through hooks and it won’t affect the desktop header. πŸ˜€

You can also change its logo if you prefer a different logo to display on mobile.

There’s no significant performance gain by removing it. Except in cases where a user uploads a very high resolution logo. (which is very unlikely, and it’s not exactly good practice either) πŸ™‚

Ian

Thanks so much for the clear explanation. That actually remind me, I should create a more mobile friendly logo for this new site. Will try that out. As always, thank you!

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

I should create a more mobile friendly logo for this new site.

Yes, some sites have changing logos where the whole logo (icon + wordmark) displays on desktop and icon only logo display on mobile. πŸ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.