[Resolved] Mobile Footer Widget Padding

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Mobile Footer Widget Padding

Home Forums Support Mobile Footer Widget Padding

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Zad

Hi,

At the bottom of my site, using widgets, I’m trying to include some internal site links and links to a privacy policy. Now, it’s looking fine on desktop. I have the footer widget padding set to 350 – Left and 350 – Right so it’s close together on Desktop, however, this padding doesn’t translate well on mobile. Is there any CSS code that will make padding for footer widgets normal on mobile?

Thanks!

Zad

What it looks like on the desktop. This is fine, but not what it looks like on mobile, where it’s all formatted weird.

View post on imgur.com

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

so set the customiser padding to a size that is suitable for your mobile, and then use this CSS:

@media (min-width: 768px) {
        .footer-widgets {
            padding: 40px 300px 0 40px;
        }
    }
    Zad

Unfortunately, that code doesn’t seem to be doing anything on mobile. I refreshed my cache and tried to exaggerate the numbers to see an effect, but nothing

Zad

On the desktop, I want it to have padding of 350 px from the left, 350 px from the right, but on mobile, hoping for padding of 40px to the left and 40 px to the right

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the code above adds the padding to tablet and desktop. So change the footer padding in the Customiser to 40px. And let me know.

Zad

Yup, doesn’t seem to change the padding on the desktop.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Oops just spotted a mistake in the code…

Zad

It worked!!! Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome. I think i need some glasses lol ‘@@”

Eva

Hi!
    I use 3 footer widgets. In the customizer I have set the padding:
    Footer Widget Area Padding 10 200 10 100
    Footer Padding 4 10 4 10

It looks good on desktop and tablet (in preview) but I can’t get it right on mobile… any suggestions?
    Thanks!
    Eva

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Have you tried David’s code here to change the footer widget padding on mobile?
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/mobile-footer-widget-padding/#post-641464

If this doesn’t work, any chance you can open a new topic and link us to the page in question?

Thanks!

Eva

Hi Leo,
    I am sorry, didn’t see that I had to makes the changes in Customize first. I did now, and it’s fine on mobile, but in the desktop version the first widget is still too much to the left. You can see it here https://test.alfabetprodukties.nl
    Thanks!
    Eva

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you open a new topic?

This might take a couple attempts so it’s best to be your own topic.

Thanks!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Mobile Footer Widget Padding’ is closed to new replies.