[Resolved] Mobile Best Practice re: wptouch mobile plugin

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Mobile Best Practice re: wptouch mobile plugin

Home Forums Support Mobile Best Practice re: wptouch mobile plugin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kris

I have read all your threads about wptouch. They are fairly old in a webdev sense and things may have changed since some to the issues and suggestion in those threads.

My question is what is the current recommendation on using wptouch and GPP?

I have been running wptouch for about 6 years with no issues. I just started using GPP. Should I disable wptouch and use GPP? Should I disable the responsive part of GPP (Tom mentions doing this in an older thread) and use wptouch for mobile.

My wptouch license is up for renewal, its not cheap, Id rather not renew it if I do not need it.

thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

personally i cannot see the need for a ‘separate’ mobile site or the overhead of creating one. So i would drop the plugin and leave the responsive controls to GP.

Of course i am a little biased so i took a quick look at the features the plugin offers and i cannot see anything that you could not do with GP. But i would suggest you review your requirements, is there something you think WP Touch can do that GP cannot or that it does better ?

Kris

Thanks David you answered my question. Nothing specific I wanted to do. Keeping my site light and fast is important so I will happily drop one expensive plugin.

Kris

marked as resolved

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to be of help 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.