[Resolved] Mobile Audio Streaming Problem

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Mobile Audio Streaming Problem

Home Forums Support Mobile Audio Streaming Problem

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Wiebe

I have several sermons posted on my website using WordPress’s default audio player. All the audio files play perfectly fine on desktop devices, but almost none of them seem to work in any browser on iPhone devices, and on Android devices it’s very unpredictable. The issue seems to be related to the site’s ability to buffer the audio. On the desktop site, the audio buffers about 6 minutes ahead, as well as on Android for most of the posts. However, on some of them it will buffer a few seconds and refuse to download any more, stopping as soon as it gets to the end of the buffered portion. I tried using an audio player plugin, which was just as unpredictable, making me believe that that must not be the issue. I don’t know how to start troubleshooting this, and haven’t found anyone so far that was experiencing a similar problem. Can you help?

Thanks,
    Andrew

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Andrew,

I’m afraid I’m not familiar enough with audio streaming to have a solution for you. Perhaps there’s something preventing the full file from being streamed on the server?

Andrew Wiebe

Hi again, Tom.

Thanks for your answer. I am pretty sure now that the issue was with my website host (Bluehost). Rather than upgrading my hosting account, I have now switched to hosting all my audio files with Amazon AWS, and it all works great.

Andrew

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Great to hear 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.