[Resolved] missing /wp-includes/css/dist/block-library/style.min.css on WordPress 4.9.10

Home Forums Support [Resolved] missing /wp-includes/css/dist/block-library/style.min.css on WordPress 4.9.10

Home Forums Support missing /wp-includes/css/dist/block-library/style.min.css on WordPress 4.9.10

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Eddie

Hi,

Do you know why when loading the web site, it is searching for wp-includes/css/dist/block-library/style.min.css even though i dont use Gutenberg and didnt install wordpress 5? i get 404 error on that file on every page.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

try adding this PHP filter:

function db_remove_block_library_css(){
        wp_dequeue_style( 'wp-block-library' );
    } 
    add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'db_remove_block_library_css' );
    Eddie

Hi David,

it didn’t work, any other suggestions? do you think upgrading to WordPress 5 would resolve the issue?

this is the error i am getting as well as 404 error.

The resource https://mywebsite.com/wp-includes/css/dist/block-library/style.min.css was preloaded using link preload but not used within a few seconds from the window’s load event. Please make sure it has an appropriate as value and it is preloaded intentionally.

thank you!
    Eddie

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s strange that it’s trying to call that even though you’re not using WP 5.0. Maybe a plugin you’re using is trying to add the file?

Eddie

Hi Tom,

thank you for your prompt reply!
    I dont think so- i disabled all the plugins but the error still it shows.

Thank you,
    Eddie

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If I actually view the source of your website, I’m not seeing this request anywhere, which is really strange.

I do see the error in the console, but the actual HTML isn’t there. I wonder if it’s being called using javascript? To be honest, I’m not really sure.

Are you using any caching plugins? Server caching? Cloudflare? If so, perhaps the request was cached when you disabled your plugins?

Eddie

thank you tom for looking into this for me!
    i am not sure if it was caching issue on the server or smt else. I rebuild the website, this time with the latest WordPress version and now everything is working as expected.

than you again,
    Eddie

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad you got it fixed 🙂

Randy

Just bought the premium and cant load because css style sheet missing

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Your issue isn’t the same as the topic but this should help:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/missing-style-css/

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘missing /wp-includes/css/dist/block-library/style.min.css on WordPress 4.9.10’ is closed to new replies.