[Support request] Missing Product Short Description – Woocommerce Element problem

Home Forums Support [Support request] Missing Product Short Description – Woocommerce Element problem

Home Forums Support Missing Product Short Description – Woocommerce Element problem

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Chris

I have run GP Premium with the woocommerce module activated for a few years with no problems. In the last week the short description has disappeared from the view on a mobile device. When I check the view status for a mobile from my customise panel it shows it displaying, but when a customer views from a mobile it is missing.
    I discovered the possibility of it being linked to the woocommerce module setting in GP by accident when I googled for information and the following support topic (June 23, 2021 at 2:37 am #1831941 – ) came up in search.
    If I deactivate the woocommerce module, the short description returns on mobiles but my displays for all views in woocommerce are thrown out.
    If I activate the woocommerce module, the views return to normal except on mobiles where the short description is missing and a large blank area is displayed.
    I have gone through all steps (as listed) and nothing makes any difference. It has been fine for years until the last week.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you share a link to a page where we can see the issue ?

Chris

This is one of my product pages, at present the woocommerce module is disabled so the display is thrown out – on desktop the add to basket and price selector are misaligned and I am told on mobiles the short description is a narrow section down the right side instead of being under the image.

https://celticearthspirit.co.uk/product/rewild-your-knowing-buy-course

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you enable the Woo module and disable any cache / optimization plugins so i can see whats going on ?

Chris

I have disabled WP-Optimise and enabled the woocommerce module

Chris

That has just sorted the problem, it didn’t when I did it earlier

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

If i check the site now, i can see the Short Description on all devices. And its behaving responsively.
    Can you clear any device / browser caches and check?
    If its working for you, re-enable the WPO plugin and ill take a look to see whats going on with that.

Chris

Yes, it is working for me now. It didn’t when I did that earlier. I have re-enabled WPO and the short description on mobile has gone again, I had to check another product page as my phone was showing a cached version of the first one

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

If you want us to check with WPO enabled – let us know 🙂

Chris

WPO is enabled and the short description on products has gone again

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

OK, so WPO is caching the desktop CSS and loading it after woocommerces mobile CSS.
    Aside from talking to the WPO author on how to stop that, you can add this CSS:

@media only screen and (max-width: 768px) {
        .woocommerce #content div.product div.images, .woocommerce #content div.product div.summary, .woocommerce div.product div.images, .woocommerce div.product div.summary, .woocommerce-page #content div.product div.images, .woocommerce-page #content div.product div.summary, .woocommerce-page div.product div.images, .woocommerce-page div.product div.summary {
            float: none !important;
            width: 100% !important;
        }
    }

That should fix it 🙂

Chris

Presume if I pop that into my ‘other css’ it is the right place? Tried it there and no change, still missing

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

That should be ok.
    Can you clear the WPO caches ?

Chris

Cleared WPO caches and still not showing, think I may need to change my optimisation plugin.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Aah… in your CSS the line before the CSS i provide i see:

}.

That . is breaking the code below it.

Delete ALL the CSS in the Addtional CSS and add this:

.sidebar .widget {
        font-size: 14px;
        text-align: center;
    }
    @media only screen and (max-width: 768px) {
        .woocommerce #content div.product div.images, .woocommerce #content div.product div.summary, .woocommerce div.product div.images, .woocommerce div.product div.summary, .woocommerce-page #content div.product div.images, .woocommerce-page #content div.product div.summary, .woocommerce-page div.product div.images, .woocommerce-page div.product div.summary {
            float: none !important;
            width: 100% !important;
        }
    }
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.