[Resolved] Missing a lot of Layout options

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Missing a lot of Layout options

Home Forums Support Missing a lot of Layout options

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Miklos

I am building a new site with generatepress but unlike compared to when I’ve used GP before, the layout options are highly limited. On other sites I can goto Customize > Layout > Blog > and have a bunch of options.

On this new site gluetips.net, the only option under Layout > Blog > is “Content type”

Any help is appreciated

Miklos

Strange, this fixed itself when I de-activated the child theme to activate the parent theme, then re-activated the child theme.

All options are there now

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

there is definitely something ‘funny’ with your child theme.
    If you want to copy the functions.php and paste it into a GIST and share with us we can take a look to see what its doing.

Miklos

Sure thing, but sorry for the ignorance what is a GIST

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

No need – we can take a closer look via the login you provided in this topic:

https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/blog-archives-layout-settings-seem-to-not-be-working/#post-2067077

Just for reference this is GIST:

https://gist.github.com

Its a simple Github repository for saving bits of code πŸ™‚

Ill take a look when i get a minute

Miklos

Your guys’ support is next level, appreciate it.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

So i had a look at the child theme – couldn’t see anything in particular that would break the Layout – so I temporarily re-enabled the Child Theme and if i go to Customizer > Layout > Blog i can see all the options. Can you double check?

Miklos

I can confirm the options are there. I had initially closed this ticket because the issue seemed to have fixed itself

I guess there is no issue on this then

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome – glad to hear that!

Renske

I’ve got the same issue. I’m also using a child theme, and only ‘content type’ ‘summary’ is there. The other options aren’t. I already tried to activate the parent theme and then re-activate the child theme, but this didn’t solve my issue. Can you please help? Tia πŸ™‚

Edit: I also just checked if the blog lay-out options were present in the parent theme, but they weren’t. So it looks like this is not a child theme issue.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you make sure you have the relevant modules enabled in Appearance > GeneratePress

Renske

Whoops, this did the trick πŸ™‚ You rock!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear that πŸ™‚

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.