[Resolved] [Minor GPP bug] Back to Top button focus hover color

Home Forums Support [Resolved] [Minor GPP bug] Back to Top button focus hover color

Home Forums Support [Minor GPP bug] Back to Top button focus hover color

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    George

Hi there. I have noticed a minor issue with the Back to Top button hover color which is particularly obvious on one-page websites utilizing Smooth Scroll.

I have documented the issue on my GP Knowledge Base along with the solution but I was wondering if it could be improved on the next GPP release.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hey George,

This has been fixed in GPP 1.11.0 – alpha is coming soon ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks!

George

Ah, amazing, thank you, Tom!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem! Sorry it took so long ๐Ÿ™‚

George

Hi Tom, I have just updated to GPP 1.11.0, the issue doesn’t seem to be resolved, though.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hey George,

Sorry for the confusion above! This fix is in the theme, not GPP. It’s fixed in GP 3.0.

George

Ok, I see. But after I have updated to latest GPP 1.11.1, it works as expected now! I wonder why…

George

Ok, I stand corrected, it doesn’t work. Strange, on one of my sites, I have introduced the generate_back_to_top_start_scroll filter:

add_filter( 'generate_back_to_top_start_scroll', 'tu_back_to_top_start_scroll' );
    function tu_back_to_top_start_scroll() {
        return 2000; // 2000px from the top
    }

It works fine with the filter activated.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s strange, it shouldn’t.. The link is simply in focus after you click it, which is why the color remains. In 3.0, the javascript unfocuses the button once the top is reached.

George

Hmm, stange. Check the URL here, my online agency.
    https://www.createadvanced.com/

Also checked in Incognito mode.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’ll dig into it a bit – wonder if there’s something else on the page forcing focus to reset.

George

Probably, yeah. It doesn’t matter Tom, I don’t want to waist your time on this, better wait for 3.0, no problem.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.