[Resolved] Mini cart submenu (with item in cart) displaying as empty div on home page only

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Mini cart submenu (with item in cart) displaying as empty div on home page only

Home Forums Support Mini cart submenu (with item in cart) displaying as empty div on home page only

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jem

Hi GP folks

Strange issue. I’m redeveloping a WooCommerce site and the site owner just pointed out that although the mini cart displays as expected on all inner pages, on the home page, when an item is in the cart, when I mouse over the cart to see its contents all I get is a 30px high white empty div. Same with the sticky menu on the home page.

The home page has a merged header element and a fullscreen hero element directly on the page (using GenerateBlocks).

I’m currently working on the live site so it’s in maintenance mode and needs to stay that way. I have a staging version on my server which has the same issue (URL attached as it’s not for public viewing). It is also normally in maintenance mode but I’ve disabled it for now, and deactivated Litespeed Cache. There are no relevant errors in the console that I can see. I’m working in Firefox (latest version) on a Mac, checked with Edge too, same. Everything on the site is up to date.

TIA

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Jem,

Seems the issue happens on all static pages.

Can you try disable all plugins except GP premium and Woocommerce to test?

Are you working with a child theme? If so, could you switch back to the parent theme?

Let me know!

Jem

Thank you Ying. I sincerely apologise for not doing that before posting here – it was the wrong end of an 11 hour workday and the site is due to relaunch tomorrow…

Turns out it was one line in a custom function I’d added to the child theme to optimise WooCommerce, which was preventing cart fragments from loading anywhere except Woo pages, cart and checkout.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem, glad you figured it out 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.