[Support request] Migrating to Generate Press

Home Forums Support [Support request] Migrating to Generate Press

Home Forums Support Migrating to Generate Press

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Priyanka Gupta

Hi guys,

I’ve just purchased GeneratePress. Thank you for your great theme.

I’m migrating my blog from an existing theme to GP. I have set up a new server. And I’m using the WordPress import and export options to migrate my blog to the latest setup. GP is installed on the new setup, of course.

After importing all the media, I imported the posts and pages.

Now there are multiple issues after importing,
    1. Feature images aren’t what they should be – Sometimes the feature image is not even from that post.
    2. Image galleries are coming up all mixed up. So in place of the original gallery, a new mix of photos is shown. And each photo within the gallery has become a thumbnail.
    3. Spacing between paragraphs is gone. Many paragraphs has been combined to show as one.

These are only some of the issues I have identified.

Do you suggest migrating using a plugin or am I missing something here? The simple WordPress export and import isn’t giving coherent results at all.

I would really appreciate your help.

Thank you,
    Priyanka

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Priyanka,

Let’s break down the questions 1 by 1:

1. Feature images aren’t what they should be – Sometimes the feature image is not even from that post.

That’s quite strange. Exported posts keeps its post meta and everything associated w/ it intact.

Can you link us to a sample page in question where this occurs? can you provide an archive page the specific post displays as well? For investigation.

2. Image galleries are coming up all mixed up. So in place of the original gallery, a new mix of photos is shown. And each photo within the gallery has become a thumbnail.

Can you link us to a sample page of this as well? Are the images displayed on the gallery dynamic?

3. Spacing between paragraphs is gone. Many paragraphs has been combined to show as one.

This is a CSS issue. We’ll have to check if this is caused by a missing styling or a custom styling.

Let us know. 🙂

Priyanka Gupta

Hi Elvin,

thanks a lot for your support and yes I’ve cleared cache 🙂

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

personally i use the Duplicator plugin to do this kind of thing:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I would suggest trying that first to make sure the ‘copy’ goes smoothly before we dig into other issues that may/may not be related to the copying.

Priyanka Gupta

Thanks David. I’m using Duplicator plugin now. Will ask for help if I get stuck.

Thanks a lot,
    Priyanka

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.