[Resolved] Migrating Custom Theme to Live Site

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Migrating Custom Theme to Live Site

Home Forums Support Migrating Custom Theme to Live Site

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Fernando
    Customer Support

1. It should be in Appearance > GeneartePress. It’s at the very bottom.
    2. Yes, that’s correct.
    3. You should be able to Export pages in Tools > Export > Pages. (Please correct me if I’m missing something in your inquiry).
    4. You can access you FTP, then grab your Child theme folder. It should be in wp-content/themes. You’ll need a software to make a zip file like WinZip.
    5. Yes, these are the customizer settings as well.

Heather

Well, I think I know what the problem is. As you can see, in my last screenshot of the export customizer settings in generatepress, its NOT ACCOUNTING FOR ANYTHING but typography and global colors. I have a lot of different settings beyond just that.layout, general, etc.

Thats probably why my export doesn’t include all the other stuff….

So this is essentially the PROBLEM. There must be a bug happening.

So what am I suppose to do?

Heather

Here are my credentials, please let me know why its only letting me export 2 things of the entire customizer.

Fernando
    Customer Support

You’ll need to select “All” when exporting customizer settings. Then, you’ll also need to manually make a copy and transfer the Additional CSS in your customizer to your new site as this is not exported.

Heather

yes sir. I did select all. The problem was, it was not exporting, all.

however, its come to my attention there is actually a bug in that website that is causing the import issue.

the export seems to have worked fine on another clean install. I don’t know why, but its fixed for now.

Thank you and you can delete this entire thread.

Fernando
    Customer Support

I see. Glad you found the bug and was able to fix it. You’re welcome Heather!

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.