[Resolved] Migrate from third party child theme based on generatepress with minimum impact

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Migrate from third party child theme based on generatepress with minimum impact

Home Forums Support Migrate from third party child theme based on generatepress with minimum impact

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Patrick

Hello, i started building my website on a child theme generatepress based that i got from Adam at wpcrafter.com. I have been a long way from that day and i would like to migrate on raw generatpress child them with ou causing any changes to my website. I tried switchin theme to generatepress but something goes wrong and my main nav and some desing elements go crasy.

Hope you can help thx.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Patrick,

When changing themes (even child themes), it’s usually necessarily to:

1. Reset your theme location in Customize > Menus.
    2. Sometimes necessary to reset your widgets – they can be moved in the Inactive Widgets area in Appearance > Widgets.
    3. Reset your Copyright message in the Customizer if you’re using it.

Other than that, nothing else should go crazy. What design elements are acting weird for you?

Patrick

specially main navigation

i wave many tweeks in that areae ๐Ÿ™‚ i wall try what you suggest. And come back to you shortly thx

Patrick

other question when generatepress is installed is it a parent or a child. so my question is do i have to installe child. I i made some changes in footer php and function php will i have to move in a child

Thx again

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah yes, if you’ve made changes to the core files you’ll need to move those into your child theme or you’ll lose them.

For functions, this might help: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-php/

In most cases editing core files isn’t necessary (hooks are awesome). If you let me know what modifications you’ve done I might be able to help you do it without the files.

Patrick

ok i can not find the child them install on generatepress

all speed modification from this thread

https://www.keycdn.com/blog/google-pagespeed-insights-wordpress/

Patrick

found child them sry bout that

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem! Let me know if you have any other questions ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.