[Resolved] Meta Icons have disappeared

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Meta Icons have disappeared

Home Forums Support Meta Icons have disappeared

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Paul

While working on an older GPP site, I had noticed that a couple post meta icons had disappeared from .posted-on and .author ( “\f073” and “\f007” ).

A Facebook user suggested that I install a Fontawesome plugin since the latest GPP doesn’t include Fontawesome. So I did that. I then also replaced ‘GeneratePress’ with ‘Font Awesome 5 Free’ as the font-family for all of the meta icon pseudo classes. The \f073 and \f007 icons then returned.

But then the icons for Tags (.tags-links “\f02c”), and Previous (.prev “\f104”) and Next (.next “\f105”) disappeared! These seem to still rely on the GeneratePress font-family but I had switched to Font Awesome 5 Free as described above, so I’m not sure how to get them to display, and I can’t easily tell which icon requires one font-family or the other.

A link to a post with the meta at the bottom is attached.

Thanks!

GeneratePress 2.1.4
    GP Premium 1.7.2
    Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

All the icons existing in the theme and premium plugin are all GeneratePress Fonts now.

The author and date icon are not added by default.

Instead of using this CSS in your child theme:

.cat-links::before, .comments-link::before, .nav-next .next::before, .nav-previous .prev::before, .tags-links::before, footer.entry-meta .author::before, footer.entry-meta .posted-on::before {
        font-family: "Font Awesome 5 Free" !important;
    }

Try just this instead:

footer.entry-meta .author::before, footer.entry-meta .posted-on::before {
        font-family: "Font Awesome 5 Free" !important;
    }
    Paul

That worked. Cheers Leo!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.