[Resolved] Merge menu with header with Elementor

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Merge menu with header with Elementor

Home Forums Support Merge menu with header with Elementor

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    john770

Thanks, Leo! I can see now where the misunderstanding came from. πŸ™‚
    I’ll give it a try later tonight when I have more time.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sounds good πŸ™‚

john770

Great, works like a charm, thanks again, Leo!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem πŸ™‚

Iain

Hi john770,

It actually didn’t work. I don’t know what happened to make me think it did. Can’t get the damn thing to work with Elementor. The link that keeps being mentioned in this thread does not help unfortunately.

Still left very frustrated. This should be easy?

Iain

Hi Leo,

I am using Elementor.
    I am using Generate Press.
    Paid for premium versions of both.
    I would like to have a top menu bar with all of the menu options to the right, logo on the left, all in the same div. I would also like there to be a button in the nav bar for taking users to a ‘quick 3d printing filament ordering page’.
    It’s not complicated but I’ve been through the links on this page and cannot even get close. Any chance of explaining it please?

My site is http://3dsl.com.au/ and I don’t imagine that I will solve this tonight so you can pretty much assume that what’s there (created in Elementor and has to be added manually on every page) is what I would like to achieve as a page template via the theme.

**Update – I did manage to create a top bar this evening that does what I want (logo + horiz menu) but I have 2 issues:

1. I can’t seem to work out the relationship between elementor, the page templates and what GP is doing with the ‘header’ and primary nav. This means I am unable to get the full page elementor layout to work with the GP nav bar and for it all to line up properly as a full page div. Right now I have the elementor primary nav and the GP porimary nav separated by a header div that I can’t get rid of despite enabling ‘disable elements’. Does that make sense?

I have left the page in the messed up state to show you http://3dsl.com.au/wp-admin/post.php?post=9320&action=elementor

It should look more slick in appearance like this link http://3dsl.com.au/sketchfab-gallery/

2. The text colour from the GP theme is overriding the custom CSS from when I try to place a yellow REORDER HERE button in the bar. color: yellow’ for the normal text in the button stay blue as per the global GP theme for text.

Thanks, Iain

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Iain,

Can you open a new topic for your questions?

Thanks!

Iain

Sorry for not understanding but why do I need to do that? The subject is exactly the same. I’m new to forums and don’t really understand forum etiquette if there is such a thing?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

There are already 3 other participants in this thread and the thread itself it quite long, we would prefer not to send everyone a notification every time we reply to the thread which is already marked as resolved.

Especially your question is quite long and I assume it might take a few back and forth replies.

Just easier for us to manage πŸ™‚

Thanks!

john770

Iain and Leo,
    In case a new thread has been opened, could you please leave a link here, at the end of this thread?
    I have been searching in vain and I am also interested in this topic.
    Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    john770

Thanks, Leo!

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.