[Resolved] Menus – for hybrid machines that use both mouse and touch

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Menus – for hybrid machines that use both mouse and touch

Home Forums Support Menus – for hybrid machines that use both mouse and touch

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Elisabeth

Hi there
    I understand that hybrid machines struggle with drop down menus that require ‘hover’ over the top menu to get the drop down to (er…) drop down – as you can’t really hover with a touch screen. I believe for the increasing number of hybrid machines it’s recommended to have something more like ‘labels’ instead of actual links for the top level items, but that hovering and/or clicking on them causes the drop down menu to appear.
    Am I right? How do I do this in GeneratePress if indeed if I have understood and explained this issue right?
    This is a general question applying to several sites.
    Thank you
    Elisabeth

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Our navigation is compatible with touch screens and keyboard navigation (as well as mouse navigation, obviously).

When a touch device is detected, the first tap on the parent item will open the sub-menus. The second tap on the parent item will go to the item destination if set.

Let me know if this answers your question or not ๐Ÿ™‚

Elisabeth

Okay – that’s my experience of using it on the devices I’ve got (the touch ones) but I’ve heard from people that hybrid machines have trouble recognising how to behave. I’ll go and ask further but this does indeed help me right now to feel good about the ‘standard’ menu set up – thank you very much.
    Elisabeth

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.