[Resolved] Menu spacing not working after upgrade

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Menu spacing not working after upgrade

Home Forums Support Menu spacing not working after upgrade

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Neil

I have just upgraded Generatepress. Element spacing for primary menu items seems to have stopped working. The right padding for each menu item have disappeared. The down arrows are centre aligned on the text of the menu item. I’m using a child theme. Is there a workaround?

Neil

Should probably have said that website is http://keswick2barrow.co.uk

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Neil,

Your website doesn’t seem to be loading for me.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Neil

Hi Tom. Sorry, website was not loading properly due to some issues with the child theme after the theme update. I’ve been completely rebuilding the child theme from scratch, and the website is gradually coming back to life. As far as I can see the theme update is actually working fine. I’m using it on visitulverston.com and it updated perfectly well without incident. The child was probably over-coded. I’d be happy for you to close down this problem. πŸ™‚
    Cheers, Neil.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Site is looking great!

It looks like you’re using an old version of GP Premium, I definitely suggest updating πŸ™‚

Neil

Thanks very much Tom. I had never realised that I had to register for Premium updates, I’ve done it now. Cheers.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re very welcome πŸ™‚

Chris

Hi Tom,

I’ve upgraded GP Premium, but still there’s a problem with the primary menu in IE11. You can see the issue here: ysgolrhiwabon.co.uk

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Chris

Hi Tom,

You can ignore my previous message. I’ve found your upgrade which fixes the IE11 bug.

Thanks for that!

Chris

Isi

Hi Tom,

I have a similar problem with my site burgerpresse-test.com.

Since I updated Generatpress, the search Icon at the end of my main menu switched to the next line.

Before the update it was in the first line.

As the new look isn’t as good as the old one, I would like to change that. How to do that without shortening menu items?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards
    Isi

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi lsi,

You can reduce the amount of spacing the arrow has with this little bit of CSS:

.menu-item-has-children .dropdown-menu-toggle {
        padding-left: 5px;
    }

Let me know if that helps or not πŸ™‚

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.