Home Forums Support Menu Slide Opening

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Mike

Hi,

I love the generate press theme. One think I wondered if it would be possible to add (or perhaps it’s already possible, I just haven’t worked it out yet) is to make the menu slide as it opens, rather than just appearing. I always think that looks good!

m

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Mike,

So on mobile, instead of the menu just opening, you want it to slide open?

This should be do-able, let me look into it and I’ll get back to you πŸ™‚

Mike

Yep. Absolutely! That would be great!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Sorry this took so long! Was a bit harder than I expected.

If you have GP Hooks, paste this code into the “wp_footer” hook: https://gist.github.com/generatepress/d8211a277d13fa095849

Mike

Hi,

Thanks for this – but I can’t seem to make it work. I’ve pasted it into the wp_footer bit, but it doesn’t make any difference. Do I need to somewhere globally enable GP-Hooks? I’ve not used them before.

Any ideas?

M

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Any chance you can link me to your site?

Mike

Hi,

Thanks for the response. At present I’m working on a local copy. I’m having a funny issue which might be related to why this isn’t working at present.

The way my site is working is that I’ve created a plugin which generates some specific template pages of the site for things like the home page. The issue I’m currently running into is that despite my plugin pulling the header from get_header(), and then adding in the theme specific bits from the GeneratePress theme, one of my scripts isn’t working properly (the player that is currently on thecoverups.co.uk) – it only loads on the pages my plugin hasn’t tampered with!

Anyway, I wonder if in fixing this issue your script might also load…

Any thoughts? I’ll let you know when I have a live site for you to look at!

Cheers,

Mike

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

A javascript/coding error could definitely stop the script above from loading.

Will be happy to take a look once the site is on a server πŸ™‚

Mike

Hi,

The site is now live (still working on it though!) at The CoverUps Live Wedding Band and the sliding menu is working… so that’s great!

Cheers,

Mike

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome, nice site! πŸ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.