[Resolved] Menu rendering different between page and post

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Menu rendering different between page and post

Home Forums Support Menu rendering different between page and post

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1657139
    Ed

    I have been using GTMetric to evaluate my site and have noticed that the rendering order is different between a page and a post. On a post, the page is initially rendered in it’s finished format with correct spacing left for images. But when I load a page it first renders the menu, then the header logo, then adds some color, properly formats the menu, then resizes the header and menu properly and finally adds the page content. This puts my LCP and CLS out of acceptable range. Any help in making the page render the same as a post would be appreciated.

    Home Page – https://aclayjar.net/
    Sample post – https://aclayjar.net/2021/02/remember-what-he-told-you/

    Thanks

    #1657178
    Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

    Hi Ed,

    Can you try disabling all plugins to see if the same issue still exist?

    Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

    #1657277
    Ed

    I did that and it did not seem to make a difference.

    #1657301
    Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

    That’s strange. GP doesn’t have a specific way for page vs post to load.

    You can try testing using one of our sites:
    https://gpsites.co/marketer/about/
    https://gpsites.co/marketer/2018/09/08/the-fastest-wordpress-theme/

    Can you disable all plugins except GP Premium for us to run some tests?

    This is the site you are using?
    https://gtmetrix.com/

    #1657354
    Ed

    Yes, that is the test site I am using. I am reluctant to disable all of my plugins for any length of time. Let me continue to try things for a bit and see if I can figure it out. If not, I’ll give that a try. Thanks.

    #1657371
    Ed

    Well, paint me confused. I disable WP_Rocket again, and the problem went away. Re-enabled WP_Rocket and the problem reamerged. Disabled all of the File Optimization settings and the problem went away. Re-enabled them and the problem did not reappear. I am at a loss to explain why that fixed anything, but it appears to have. And my pages are in much better shape now. At least for the time being. Thanks for your help.

    #1657436
    Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.