[Resolved] Menu Reloads Page in iPhone

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Menu Reloads Page in iPhone

Home Forums Support Menu Reloads Page in iPhone

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Mary Pearson

On my iPhone when I click on the Menu it flashes for a moment in some browsers or doesn’t flash at all in others, and then reloads the page. It is not useable at all.

My header will reload the page, and I wondered if perhaps there is some overlap that might cause this issue, but there seems to be plenty of space between the header and the menu.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

GeneratePress 2.1.2
    GP Premium 1.6.2
    Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Mary Pearson

Thank you Leo. It showed up in the debug.

Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in BWGControllerWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use __construct() instead

BWGControllerWidget belongs to Web-dorado Photo Gallery. I replaced it with Envira Gallery and all is well.

Thank you so much!!!!!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Mary Pearson

Sorry but I have to re-open this. Not sure if you will respond since it has been closed. I will wait a bit and if I don’t hear from you I will open a new ticket. Not sure of the correct protocol.

Issue: Clicking on menu in mobile reloads the page. Menu items either do not appear, or if they do, it is just for a second, not giving enough time to click on them.

1. I have de-activated all plugins.

2. WP_DEBUG is no longer showing any errors.

3. no white screen

4. I tried changing themes to twenty-fifteen and menu works fine on phone

5. error_log does not show any errors.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Doesn’t look like all plugins are disabled currently.

I also still see a bunch of errors:
    http://www.screencast.com/t/K78MMF7JOxw

Going to guess that the recaptcha plugin is causing the issue.

Mary Pearson

Hi Leo,

The site is live so I had to reactivate all the plugins.

I had not checked this source for errors. Was checking my admin dashboard and error logs. I will look into this further and get back to you.

Thank you for your help.

Mary Pearson

OK the recaptcha is part of WP Forms Lite so I deactivated it and got rid of the Javascript console error, but it still didn’t make a difference, so I deactivated ALL the plugins this time, including GP Premium, which I had not deactivated that last time.

Menu works fine with GP Premium deactivated.

So I reactivate just GP premium to confirm, and it doesn’t work.

I reactivated all plugins and it doesn’t work.

I deactivated just GP Premium and it works. I have never had a conflict before that was caused by GP Premium, but it looks like its the culprit this time. Could it be?

I can’t leave it deactivated because it has the header in GP Hooks. I am using v1.6.2 which I believe is the latest version.

I have tried it with Menu Plus activated and deactivated and it makes no difference.

Not sure what to do next.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmm I doubt GP premium is the problem, 1.6.2 has been out for a while and if there is a big bug like this we’d received reports already.
    Is it working well on your other sites?

Anything custom functions added in hooks?

Mary Pearson

I agree. I have never found anything EVER where GP Premium was the problem. Just not sure how to proceed. Yes, I have about 20 websites all using GP Premium. No problems on any of them.

Re custom funtions added in hooks, yes I have before header content and I found the problem. My coding was wrong. You are a genius!!!!

Thank you so much!!!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Mary Pearson

No problem, thanks to you!!!!

For me it was a problem until you helped me. I am muchly grateful!!!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Haha glad I could help πŸ™‚

Mary Pearson

me too!!!! πŸ˜‰

Thanks again!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.