[Support request] menu not displaying on anything

Home Forums Support [Support request] menu not displaying on anything

Home Forums Support menu not displaying on anything

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Billy

I am using Elementor 1.9.3 plus Elementor Pro 1.13.2 along with GeneratorPress 2.0.2 and GeneratePress Premium 1.5.6 and have menu display issues. I can’t get a menu to display on desktop, mobile or iPad. I have set-up 3 columns at 33% each and all 3 columns will display text without issue and will readily display changes when made so I assume there are no caching issues. However, when I use the Nav Menu element found within Elementor Pro the menu NEVER appears no matter what I do.

Elementor has replied to clear various caches’ and I don’t want to do that as I’ll lose user names and passwords and that becomes a real pain in the neck. I don’t know if the theme is creating an issue or not but I thought I would look into the possibility.

I have activated my Menu through GP Premium but this was done late in the game today as I’ve spent hours on this issue. I thought maybe that had something to do with it but still no menu display. The fact that all 3 columns are capable of displaying and changing at will made me wonder if the problem could be GeneratePress-related.

When I review my menu thru WordPress all the menu items state invalid for some reason. In addition, I am getting a different error when viewing the menu items thru GeneratePress as one of them states invalid but fails to show the menu name whereas the other 3 while still showing invalid do show the various menu names.

If this issue is unrelated to GeneratePress please feel free to say so. I’m just burnt out at this point trying to resolve the problem.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

You are using Elementor Canvas which removes all of GP’s elements.

If you want to continue to use Canvas then you will need to ask their support for help.

Let me know if this makes sense 🙂

Billy

Makes total sense. Which is why I have spent hours trying to determine the problem prior to contacting GeneratePress. Elementor is bringing up cache but I’m having problems believing that given the fact text is capable of appearing in all 3 columns and changes appear immediately in all 3 columns. The ONLY issue it seems to me is an issue based on menu display. But I’m out of ideas with a page I can’t use at the moment. I’m not a coder so I’m dead in the water for now.

Given the fact of immediate changes displaying properly 100% of the time are you of the opinion cache is still worth looking at?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sorry what about cache?

I recommend turning off any caching during the development of the site then turn it on afterwards.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.