[Resolved] Menu newbie questions

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Menu newbie questions

Home Forums Support Menu newbie questions

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    mapsarska

Dears

I encounter a problem with my company page and since i am a WP neewbie.
    I am not sure if i do something wrong or if it is a problem of WordPress itself or maybe GP.

Please check my site adlerpneumatyka.pl

My company is a trading company, and now i am wasting lot of time on adding products from our offer.
    I add them as separate pages and place them in menu “Nasza Oferta” in dropdown menu, loose lot of time on moving them to certain place in the offer cathegories. I tried to add it as posts but it is not exactly showing how i like it to show.

My company previous site was running on joomla it is looking like this mar.sklep.pl

Anyway my problem is that every time i make few new pages and then i add them to menu through WP/Personalisation/Menu something wrong happen and a big portion of the links dissapear.
    I have to fix all and add again, ussually it helps when i add them in Personalization/Menu Plus.

What am i doing wrong Guys and Gals? Please help me or i will loose the rest of hair i have (not many left thou…) I still have to add couple hundereds positions as pages and in the menu.

All help i can get from you is priceless to me…

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

So when you add new menu items – other menu items disappear?

If so, this might help: http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-fix-the-custom-menu-items-limit-in-wordpress/

Let me know πŸ™‚

mapsarska

Yes great i managed to add php.ini in my wp-admin and i think its working.
    I was trying also to find this file in my phpMyAdmin but cannot find it…

bdbrown

phpMyAdmin is the interface for MySQL database management. You won’t find php.ini there.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad it’s working! πŸ™‚

mapsarska

Yep so far all ok thanks for help

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome πŸ™‚

mapsarska

I am sorry but my problem is still occuring, durring the attempt of using Polylang plugin again something strange happen with my menu.

Now on my page i see a menu which is not the menu i see when i go to apperance/menu in settings πŸ™

I turned-off the polylang plugin but that didnt helped.

In setting/ap[earance/menu i dont see a complete menu (imo like it should be scrolled down but there is no scrollbar). But when i oppen my page in browser menu look like it was some older version of my menu, custom links and forum links dissapeared from menu…

I dont know how to fix it. I must reorganize all pages in correct way in menu again?
    currenty i have maybe 50 pages in menu that is less than 1/5 of what i still have to place there…

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hard to tell what could be happening.

If it’s not the above, I would contact your server and see if they have any ideas.

You can also try #1 on this page: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/debugging/

mapsarska

I sorted all up again. Seems ok so far, will check what will happen when i will try to add new pages. Now i have 109 pages. Linked by parenting and in dropdown menu.

I dunno why but i have an impression that wordpress menu builder in admin panel is somehow in conflict with Generate Press menu builder in customizer. Are you sure Tom there is no conflict there?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

There’s no such thing as a GeneratePress menu builder – it’s all WordPress.

GP keeps it super simple to avoid any conflicts.

The WP menu/any menu isn’t really equipped to handle that many pages.

I would suggest a sitemap or a list of regular links in your footer to display all of your pages.

Main navigations/dropdowns are meant for a limited amount of important items.

bdbrown

Tom is right; when it comes to menus, fewer items is better. Here’s an article on website navigation best practices and here’s one on making a sitemap.

mapsarska

Thanks guys i have html sitemap, even placed in lst item in my main menu.

http://www.adlerpneumatyka.pl/mapa-witryny/

Unfourtunately i dont have any other option, i must create whole offer of my company.

This is a quick glance of our old website on joomla 1.5

http://www.mar.sklep.pl

It is created in a different way but also very big product list.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Increasing the number mentioned in the above article (http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-fix-the-custom-menu-items-limit-in-wordpress/) should allow you to add more and more items πŸ™‚

mapsarska

i will test it, i use the solution in the link to add vars in php.ini file on my serwer files but maybe also the contact with hosting its needed what do you think?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.