[Resolved] Menu navigation issue

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Menu navigation issue

Home Forums Support Menu navigation issue

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Gabriel

Hello guys!

I recently installed and almost finished customizing this amazing framework!

I just have small issues and it’s just because I’m a beginner so please bear with me πŸ™‚

1. I’d like to be able to disable the navigation so that my page looks more like a landing page.
    2. I have a padding issue (I think) in the hero section, on desktop it looks ok, on mobile there is way too much padding – I don’t know where to adjust and why it looks different on mobile.

Thank you!
    Gabe

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

1. Right now you’re using the mobile header on desktop. You would need to disable that option, then set the “Navigation Location” to “No Navigation: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/navigation-location/

2. You’ll want to decrease the “Offset Site Header Height” mobile option in the “Site Header” area of your Header Element: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/header-element-overview/#site-header

Gabriel

Thanks, Tom! Didn’t work, though.
    1. I tried no navigation, it doesn’t show the menu, but it’s there, just transparent and/or with white text links so they don’t show because it’s white background

2. I tried different values for mobile offset – it didn’t change anything, extra padding stays the same. Must be somewhere else, just can’t find where

Thank you!

Gabriel

I found the padding issue, there was a 200px here:
    /* Media Queries / Responsive Design */

@media
    (max-width: 768px) {
    header .inside-header {
    text-align: center;
    }
    .page-hero {
    padding-top: 200px;
    }
    } /* End GeneratePress Site CSS */

I changed it to 100px and now it looks good on mobile as well.

The navigation issue remains though.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The No Navigation option will completely remove the navigation from your HTML. I’m still seeing the Mobile Header at the moment. Any chance you can remove that and set the “No Navigation” so I can see the issue?

Gabriel

It was resolved, thank you, Tom! I’m sorry I didn’t reply earlier to confirm, I appreciate your awesome customer support!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem! πŸ™‚

Gabriel

Done with 5-star review, as well πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thank you so much! πŸ™‚

Gabriel

My pleasure, Tom, you’re doing an amazing job, thank you!

Gabriel

And I’d love to meet you sometime, maybe when either you come downtown Vancouver or I come on the Island πŸ™‚

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.