[Resolved] Menu maintenance defective

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Menu maintenance defective

Home Forums Support Menu maintenance defective

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jens

For the third time the menu maintenance is destroyed by some kind of action.
    I can only fix it by uninstalling and reinstalling the theme. But then a large part of my work is destroyed.
    Do you know the problem and do you have a solution?

Logfile:
    [30-Nov-2021 10:49:05 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Attempt to assign property “posts_page” on null in D:\WordPress\xampp\htdocs\webhosting-vergleich\wp-admin\includes\nav-menu.php:406
    Stack trace:
    #0 D:\WordPress\xampp\htdocs\webhosting-vergleich\wp-admin\includes\template.php(1522): wp_nav_menu_item_post_type_meta_box(NULL, Array)
    #1 D:\WordPress\xampp\htdocs\webhosting-vergleich\wp-admin\nav-menus.php(938): do_accordion_sections(Object(WP_Screen), ‘side’, NULL)
    #2 {main}
    thrown in D:\WordPress\xampp\htdocs\webhosting-vergleich\wp-admin\includes\nav-menu.php on line 406
    [30-Nov-2021 10:49:17 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Attempt to assign property “posts_page” on null in D:\WordPress\xampp\htdocs\webhosting-vergleich\wp-admin\includes\nav-menu.php:406
    Stack trace:
    #0 D:\WordPress\xampp\htdocs\webhosting-vergleich\wp-admin\includes\template.php(1522): wp_nav_menu_item_post_type_meta_box(NULL, Array)
    #1 D:\WordPress\xampp\htdocs\webhosting-vergleich\wp-admin\nav-menus.php(938): do_accordion_sections(Object(WP_Screen), ‘side’, NULL)
    #2 {main}
    thrown in D:\WordPress\xampp\htdocs\webhosting-vergleich\wp-admin\includes\nav-menu.php on line 406
    [30-Nov-2021 10:52:05 UTC] == Start mapping menu locations ==
    [30-Nov-2021 10:52:05 UTC] 2 -> 16
    [30-Nov-2021 10:52:07 UTC] == Start mapping navigation widgets ==
    [30-Nov-2021 10:52:07 UTC] 3 -> 15
    [01-Dec-2021 20:09:16 UTC] PHP Warning: Ein unerwarteter Fehler ist aufgetreten. Es scheint etwas bei WordPress.org oder mit dieser Serverkonfiguration nicht zu stimmen. Sollte das Problem weiter bestehen, nutze bitte die Support-Foren. (WordPress konnte keine sichere Verbindung zu WordPress.org herstellen. Bitte kontaktiere deinen Server-Administrator.) in D:\WordPress\xampp\htdocs\webhosting-vergleich\wp-includes\update.php on line 175
    [01-Dec-2021 20:09:16 UTC] PHP Warning: Ein unerwarteter Fehler ist aufgetreten. Es scheint etwas bei WordPress.org oder mit dieser Serverkonfiguration nicht zu stimmen. Sollte das Problem weiter bestehen, nutze bitte die Support-Foren. (WordPress konnte keine sichere Verbindung zu WordPress.org herstellen. Bitte kontaktiere deinen Server-Administrator.) in D:\WordPress\xampp\htdocs\webhosting-vergleich\wp-includes\update.php on line 413
    [01-Dec-2021 20:09:16 UTC] PHP Warning: Ein unerwarteter Fehler ist aufgetreten. Es scheint etwas bei WordPress.org oder mit dieser Serverkonfiguration nicht zu stimmen. Sollte das Problem weiter bestehen, nutze bitte die Support-Foren. (WordPress konnte keine sichere Verbindung zu WordPress.org herstellen. Bitte kontaktiere deinen Server-Administrator.) in D:\WordPress\xampp\htdocs\webhosting-vergleich\wp-includes\update.php on line 693
    [01-Dec-2021 20:34:08 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Attempt to assign property “posts_page” on null in D:\WordPress\xampp\htdocs\webhosting-vergleich\wp-admin\includes\nav-menu.php:406

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

What is menu maintenance?

This doesn’t sound like a theme issue – the menu builder is a WordPress core function.

We haven’t had any other reports on this either.

Have you tried disabling all plugins except GP Premium to test?

I can only fix it by uninstalling and reinstalling the theme. But then a large part of my work is destroyed.

Doing this shouldn’t fix anything and have any impacts on your site unless you’ve added some code in the parent theme’s files.

It’s never a good idea to modify the theme’s core files – changes should be done in a child theme:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-child-theme/

Jens

Hi Leo,

I mean the area where I can create or update a navigation.

Image from navigation area and the error massage.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oWidOfzxHCmf3vhtWTsNtFEUSEHq5RF7/view?usp=sharing

I disabled all other plugins but the problem is still there.

I used only the webinterface to change the style.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you make sure you have downloaded the latest version of the Theme ( 3.1 ) and the GP Premium plugin ( 2.1 ). And those are installed.

Jens

Hi David,

yes I have the newest Version because I started only for a few days ago.
    I find the problem but I can’t solve it.

If I change the “Homepage settings” form “You latest posts” to “A static page” than I get the problem with the navigation.
    If I switch back to “You latest posts” the error is disappeared.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wpwr6oO-lKCANBuunbTFiQOZK0C5nRbv/view?usp=sharing

But I would like a static page as start page. Do you have a solution for that? Mayby you can reproduce the error withe the same template.

I use the theme “Marketer”.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

What is on the Static Page you are setting in the Homepage settings?

Jens

Hi David,

the static page is completely empty. No special content in this page.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d3b7c6DsP42QPITfUrPZW9i0_genRPK5/view?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/15okpQsWif7uBIYbgreDd7Zp9UEBpUi9K/view?usp=sharing

I guess this is not the problem from the page. If I defined a other page as static page, I get the same error.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Jens,

Can you try to create a new static page, name it Blog, then assign it as the posts page while you assign the static home page as the home page?
    https://www.screencast.com/t/XyzW1yn8Zz20

Let me know if that helps.

Jens

That works .. thank you so match.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

You are welcome 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.