Black Friday Sale! Get $20 off GP Premium, $40 off our new Lifetime license, and 45% off license renewals/extensions! Learn more

[Resolved] Menu issue on tablet

Home Forums Support Menu issue on tablet

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Hermann

Hi,

the menu does not work properly on a tablet.

Following situation: I create a primary menu with 2 menu items. Each Item has some subitems. The first item is linked to a page and the second item is linked to ‘#’. If I click the first menu item on my tablet, the submenu opens up and my site calls the link directly before I can choose a subitem. If I click the second menu item – which links to ‘#’, it opens up the sub menus and I can chosse a submenu.

On another site with another CMS I used Osvaldas Valutis solution to support a ‘doubletap’. It would be great, if you implement this or another solution in GeneratePress… You can find the solution here: https://osvaldas.info/drop-down-navigation-responsive-and-touch-friendly

By the way… The most wordpress templates don’t work properly in this point…

Thanks in advance
    Hermann

GP Premium 1.5.6
    Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Can you provide a link to your site so we can see the issue live?

You can edit the original topic and use the private URL field.

Hermann

Hi Leo,

at the moment – while in development – you can find the site here: http://www.vorschau-seiten.de/

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Just checked your site on tablet and everything works as expected.

Since the menu item Startseite links to another page, users would need need to click the down arrow to expand the submenu.

Uber uns doesn’t link to another page which means users can click on the menu item itself to expand the submenu.

Hermann

Hmm. Ok. The mobile menu works perfectly as expected. In landscape direction my tablet does not show the mobile menu. In the “desktop” menu I cannot tap onto the arrow. I always select the menu item with a tap. And then it calls the linked page.
    Have you seen Osvaldas Valutis article? Perhaps my description wasn’t good enough.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I would suggest increasing the breakpoint so the toggle kicks in for landscape as well: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/mobile-navigation/#initiating-the-mobile-navigation-at-a-different-width

I don’t think we will implement that as no one else had issue with this before – generally the parent menu item shouldn’t be clickable when there is submenu.

Hermann

Ok. Thank you anyway. Even if you don’t implement it – I love GeneratePress! It’s easy to use, easy to customize… it’s a really great template!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad you are enjoying it 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.