[Support request] Menu Glitch – Search symbol gone and drop down arrow is gone

Home Forums Support [Support request] Menu Glitch – Search symbol gone and drop down arrow is gone

Home Forums Support Menu Glitch – Search symbol gone and drop down arrow is gone

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Brianna

Alright, this glitch came up today and i’m not sure what happened. I’ve switched to a different theme to see if it was on my end and the other themes are fine.

In my menu bar the drop down arrow next to blog is not just a square AND the little spyglass at the end that served as the search function has now been replaced with a lower case FL. And that’s on my computer when I look at my website on my phone, there are now Chinese characters in the search engine and drop down arrow.

I would like the drop down arrow and the little spyglass search symbol back where they were a day ago and I have no idea how to fix this

Brianna

alright, so I figured out what caused it… It was the plugin called Social Share by supsystic.com

I had deactivated the plugin because I wanted a different plugin for my site. But when I reactivate it the drop down arrow and the search symbol is fine. HOWEVER, now I want to get rid of the pllugin, but if I do I screw up my website… Does anyone know what happened?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

So when that plugin is activated, the dropdown icons and search system work, but when it’s deactivated, they don’t?

Can you link me to your site with the icons not working?

Brianna

BVKingsley.com

I deactivated the plugin and the menu is acting up again.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Nice website!

Everything looks good to me – did you re-activate the plugin?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Took a look in Firefox and see the issue.

It’s the same issue as pointed out in this article: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26125030/font-awesome-icons-not-showing-in-chrome-a-maxcdn-related-cross-origin-resource

This is happening because your viewing the site at bvkingsley.com, but all of your resources are pointing to crownedkingsley.com.

You have to view the site at the URL set in “Settings > General”, or apply the fix in the article above.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.